one of the largest independent pork producers in the U.S., is seeking a Report Writer/Programmer to join the team in Carlyle, IL.
AD, IT Applications Development & Support
This position is responsible for examining and evaluating reporting requirements across the organization. This role is accountable for the creation and maintenance of reporting requests ensuring timely delivery utilizing specialized tools to develop reporting structures as required. Also this role is responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to or new requirements for business processes and operational procedures. This individual applies sound business judgment to make good decisions, prioritizes workloads, and operates independently in a fast-paced work environment.
Job Duties & Accountabilities
- Collaborates with end-users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation.
- Develops, documents, and supports standardized and/or customized reports from a database.
- Generate custom maps in ArcMap to assist the business Analysis projects.
- Assesses the needs of clients and/or management to be able to develop customized reports from a database.
- Able to generate SQL statements that will provide data to custom interfaces, reports and mapping software used by end-users
- Generates reports in a database or other report writer programs and exports them into Crystal Reports, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and/or other applications.
- Ability to generate custom interfaces that allow for the entry and editing capabilities of data
- Ensures all information is appropriately encrypted. Distributes generated reports in a timely manner to clients, management, and other required entities as needed.
- Trains end-users in reporting database(s) and ad-hoc report creation.
- May require other duties, such as occasional travel to farms.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience in IT or swine production related field required. BS degree preferred.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience using/applying software or database applications to daily duties. Livestock production knowledge a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and
1) Knowledge of:
- Requirements Gathering Technics
- Report Writing Structures
- Database Environments
- Contact management.
- Process documentation to ensure desired results are obtained.
2) Skill in:
- Data input accuracy.
- Documents and maintains records of created reports and/or changes to existing reports.
- Customer service.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization.
- Microsoft Office.
3) Ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports, presentations, and recommendations
- Establish effective working relationships.
- Work independently in a fast paced environment.
The Maschhoffs offers competitive wages and an exceptional benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Maschhoffs - 14 months ago