America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
See Conditions of Employment for requirements related to this position
As an IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC) with DLA, Information Operations, Richmond, VA you will be responsible for the following duties:
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: This position is located in the Operations Support Branch, IT Infrastructure Division, Information Operations Richmond. The employee performs a variety of duties relating to Systems Monitoring and Communication Security. The position is subject to 365/24/7 shift work, weekend work, occasional overtime, is subject to drug testing (tier one), has been designated as mission essential, and requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance [BI required critical sensitive (CS), National Security Risk]. This position has been identified as covered by DoD 8570.l-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Act, designated as IAT Level I.
- Performs computer room access control duties, fire watch, testing, and maintaining recall rosters.
- Utilizes MAGIC for creating and completing trouble tickets.
- Responsible for the journaling of chronological computer room operation events.
- Responsible for physical security and access control of the area.
- Monitors the operations of assigned computer systems to identify conditions that will not respond to normal operator intervention methods, and run diagnostic software routines to determine source and nature of problems.
- Diagnoses, identifies and resolves or escalates for resolution, any computer systems, equipment problems, and issues or challenges pertaining to classified information.
- Responsible for communication security accountability and provides telephone switchboard support for the installation and DLA activities between the continental United States (CONUS), Europe and Caribbean countries.
- Performs tape library functions that pertain to the backup and the storage of information for the tape libraries for offsite storage.
- Prepares detailed instructions of new configuration and operating characteristics and supplements operator instructions to describe the application of such changes in daily operations.
- Communication Security. Receives, re-directs, and transmits NIPR and SIPR messages to various other activities. Operates the Defense Message Dissemination System (DMDS), the Automated Message Handling System (AMHS), and acts as system administrator for both systems to be able to reset passwords for worldwide users and monitor process controls.
ABOUT THE POSITION: This position has been identified as covered by DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, and requires IAT Level I certification.
To qualify for an IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC) position, your qualifications must include:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
1.Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2.Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3.Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4.Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the BASIC REQUIREMENTS described above, candidates for this position must also identify in their resume that they have one year of specialized experience. Applicant must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service or equivalent experience gained in the private sector. Specialized Experience is defined as experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience includes:
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION: Applicants may qualify for this position in lieu of the specialized experience described above if they possess a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
- Experience with IT principles, methods and practices in the assigned specialty to include performance monitoring principles and methods and systems security methods and procedures.
- Experience with communications publications cryptographic operation manuals, DISA DOD/DLA, DSCR and COMSEC rules, regulations and administrative procedures.
- Experience with a wide range of analytical and diagnostic methods, procedures and principles concerning equipment systems, storage media and devices etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants may qualify based on a combination of the education and experience as described above.
Please attach copies of all official college transcripts with your application; failure to do so may result in you being ineligible and not considered for this position.
Education completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the qualification requirements if you can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
For more information on the qualifications, please see: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-IV/B/GS2200/2210.htm
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses: Not Authorized
Relocation (Government Home Sale) Expenses: Not Authorized
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Overtime Work: Occasional
Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel: Occasional
Security Requirements: Critical Sensitive (CS) with TOP SECRET Access
Drug Testing Designated Position: Yes
Fair Labor Standards Act: Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Reemployed Annuitant: The position does not meet the criteria for a reemployed annuitant.
The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
Emergency Essential: No
For an explanation of the conditions of employment, please review the definitions at:
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: This position requires applicants to receive an Information Awareness (IA) certification within six months of entering the position. Employees will be required to sign a Statement of Understanding regarding the certification requirement and maintaining the required certification is a condition of employment. This position has been identified as covered by DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, and requires IAT (Technical) Level I certification.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. The Rule of Three, Veteran's Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy. We will evaluate your application for basic eligibility and to determine if your experience meets the basic qualification requirements described in the announcement. All applicants who meet the qualifications and other basic requirements are eligible for referral and selection consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.Veteran Information may be found at the OPM website: VetGuide at: VetGuide , http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.htm.
All Veterans: You are required to submit a DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4). Veterans claiming 10 Point Preference in addition to your DD 214, you are required to submit a completed SF-15 and, supporting documents outline on the SF-15. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan): Information and required documentation for surplus or displaced Federal employees may be found at the General Information and Definitions link below.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Information and required documentation for claiming Military Spouse Preference may be found at the General Information and Definitions link below.
Please review the General information and Definitions at: http://www.hr.dla.mil/downloads/ApplicationInfo/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
SELECTIVE SERVICE: ATTENTION MALE APPLICANTS BORN AFTER 12/31/1959 must certify prior to job offer that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law.
usajobs.gov - 11 months ago
The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based te...