- Associate's degree. Must complete applicable discipline Certification (e.g. DISCO certification for Infosec) within one year of starting.
- A minimum of three years' experience to include applicable security discipline principles, practices, and procedures.
- Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security technologies and services.
- Strong ability to automate tasks using scripting languages.
- Must currently hold a Security+ certification.
- Must be customer oriented and demonstrate good problem solving skills.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Purpose of the job:
- To provide technical support and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance of Information Systems for the US Antarctic and/or US Navy networks to include installing and supporting project specific software, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and responding to, reporting and assisting in IT Security incidents.
- To provide Linux systems administration support.
- To provide Windows Server hardware/software and Virtual Machine environment support
- To maintain and update SQL databases, system data interfaces and Cisco and other network interconnectivity devices.
- To assist with project installation, operational test and verification of software, and modifying and updating special purpose programs.
- To provide support for system equipment hardware/software life-cycle support.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques.
- Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...