I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible assisting in the design, testing, implementation and compliance with regard to the security of Citco’s database architecture across all the various platforms. The goal is to help ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the data. The incumbent will interact with and/or support various technical groups as well as end-users in the performance of their duties.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS:
This position will report to the IAM Middleware DB Manager. The person will be based out of the Charlotte office. The incumbent will interact with the various technical, development, Q/A, UAT groups and Data Owners (including the Management Team members) throughout Citco.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Technical Expectations/Professional Practices:
• Deploy and maintain the Guardium infrastructure, administering rule base, generating reports, notification and investigation of policy violations.
• Periodically review database environments for compliance with Citco security policies and standards and make recommendations for improving security.
• Work with the other Citco disciplines, particularly with Database Architects in the review of new proposed project implementations using databases listed below. Specifically this task is to represent the IT Security policies and interests in the Technical Architecture Reviews.
• Regularly assess and keep current database policies and standards to address potential vulnerabilities introduced by new versions or technologies.
• Conduct ad-hoc and scheduled risk assessments, audits, system reviews and vulnerability scans. Use a combination of automated tools, manual methods, and interviewing techniques to gather the information necessary to report on security risks inherent within the databases being reviewed. Provide written reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
• Ensure (audit) that powerful database accounts are restricted and stored in Password Archival Repository (PAR)
• Participate in the incident response team in a hands-on, technical role. Identify the root cause of security incidents. Recommend and implement solutions for limiting the scope of the incident. Work with senior management to recommend and implement additional controls to prevent future incidents.
• Maintain expertise on security trends through training, research and development, personal certifications, in order to mitigate potential security exposures.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Ability to work independently with or without direction and or supervision.
• Portray professional demeanor and demonstrate professional judgment on the job.
• Participate in meetings as required.
• Review documentation as needed in order to identify security requirements for new and ongoing IT projects.
• Manage time and tasks.
• Prepare status reports and key metrics, as required.
• Maintain a tidy desk and work environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
• Accept responsibility and personal accountability; demonstrate reliability.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality; follow proper procedures for requesting time off; communicate with management appropriately.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in approach to work.
• Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail, e-mail and pages.
• Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with others, both from Citco and external clients.
• Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
IV. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Background / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Database and security certifications preferred: Oracle Certified Professional.
• Optional: MCDBA (Microsoft SQL)
Previous Work Experience:
• Four or more years supporting and maintaining an Oracle infrastructure in a distributed global environment.
• (Experience with MS SQL not required but would be a plus)
• Two or more years experience securing a SQL and/or Oracle database environment.
• Must have experience in a similar work environment and role, with multiple priorities and deadlines on a daily basis with high attention to detail.
• Security oriented professional with experience in financial services.
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
• Minimum - Securing Oracle database environments.
• Administering Guardium database monitoring and Vormetric infrastructure.
• Familiarity with best practices surrounding security incident response.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, quantify and report on database security issues.
• Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Must be able to maneuver effectively within environment. Demands may include additional hours within work environment during non-business hours.
• Primarily sitting.
• Must be able to use a keyboard, read a display monitor, and use other office-related equipment.
• Must be able to verbally communicate effectively in English.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
• Must be able to work in high-pressured environment, especially during a crisis.
• Possess the ability to stay calm and professional with clients and staff experiencing technical issues.
• Flexibility and ability to deal with change.
• Flexibility in work schedule according to project and business needs.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Flexible and understands hours and schedule (24x7x365).
V. WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a challenging job in a growing international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients and complex financial and technological instruments, and a friendly and fast-paced environment. Additionally, Citco is proud to offer our employees competitive compensation, vacation and health insurance benefits.
VI. INTEREST IN APPLYING?
Please click here to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CITCO&cws=1...
Find out more about us! www.citco.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT (ADA) STATEMENT:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job specific functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Citco - 10 months ago