BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York , headquartered in Buffalo, is one of New York's leading health care companies, providing high quality coverage and innovative wellness solutions to members throughout our region. We strive to impact positive and healthy changes in our communities and we’re looking for team-spirited, motivated, and enthusiastic people to create opportunities to help us succeed in our mission.
The IT Security Intern will work closely with the Corporate Information Security Manager on various tasks related to operational and maintenance requirements of an IT Security Department.
This is a full-time paid opportunity for the Summer of 2013 during normal business hours. The student must be able to work approximately 40 hours per week at our corporate headquarters located in downtown Buffalo.
This internship presents the following Learning Objectives:
Job Duties may include the following:
- A broader understanding of operational and maintenance requirements of an IT Security department.
- A familiarity with repeatable, time-consuming, and routine activities required of a typical IT Security department.
- An exposure to audit collection requirements which are typically expected including artifact collection and regular audit monitoring activities.
Required Skills and experience:
- Assistance with financial system upgrade. Access ID Migration from test environment to production environment.
- Evidence and artifact collection for audit compliance requirements.
- Report and Query template creation for Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Report and Query template creation for log collection system.
- Students pursuing a Masters Degree in Management Information Systems.
- Juniors or Seniors who have participated in the Computer Security and Information Assurance Research area Center of Excellence in Information Systems Assurance Research and Education (CEISARE) area.
- Completion of coursework in IT Security, Information Assurance or Information Systems Management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (i.e Windows server, UNIX (multiple vendors), LINUX)
- Experience with IT security application, tools or appliances (broad range) preferred.
- Experience with authentication or access systems preferred.
HealthNow New York Inc. is one of New York’s leading health care companies that provide access to quality health care and innovative...