US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Security Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to lead a team of business analysts to manage the gathering, validation, and documentation of customer and system requirements for an enterprise level system development effort. The position is located in Nashville, TN. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health IT, Health and Human Services operating unit, an organization that serves the IT needs of state and local governments.
The Security Manager is responsible for managing a team of security professionals, providing a workable solution with controls to prevent unauthorized use of the system, maintains system process controls, and logs all transactions. Additionally, this position the system shall provide security to limit availability to application functionality, software screens, data records, data elements, and data element values where appropriate.
The Security Manager is responsible for producing, implementing and monitoring a Security Plan (Deliverable) that addresses the following:
(1) Ensure data confidentiality, including protection from unauthorized access, while:
a. In transit – either through execution of secure, authenticated, two-way transactions as well as ensuring that all other data is encrypted beyond the reasonable threat of a successful brute force attack, or comparable risk-based mechanisms;
b. In storage – ensure that confidential data in databases from which public data is being extracted will not be compromised;
(2) Preventive and detective access controls and reporting mechanisms, ensuring a timely and reliable process for notification to the user, custodian, owner, and/or customer in the event of a security breach.
(3) Ensure that access controls are strictly enforceable and auditable.
(4) Ensure data integrity – maintain data and transaction integrity and confidentiality; where applicable address legal and regulatory issues with regard to unauthorized access, misuse, or fraud audit trails, and options for resolution.
(5) Ensure data reliability – maintain sufficient detail and summary information to ensure statutory and regulatory reporting and compliance responsibilities.
(6) Ensure data availability – maintain data and network access continuity ensuring its availability for required business processes.
(7) Ensure physical and environmental control – working with the customer to identify mechanisms ensuring only authorized operations personnel access data or computer facilities unless expressly approved by the owner of the data, and determine environmental control required to mitigate the risk of loss.
(8) Ensure application audit capabilities – implement date-time stamp, or other mechanism sufficient to provide an audit trail for identifying critical data and resource application activity, and the reporting of unauthorized intrusions and activity or attempted breaches.
(9) Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of compliance with privacy and security policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field. Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 9 Years with Bachelors Degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Must have 2-5 years experience managing security staff
- Must have past experience as a Security Manager implementing a complex solution
- Must have strong experience using security management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- A thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Understanding the current State Human Services System and Policies
- Understanding the Medicaid Solutions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...