This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time without notice. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay. Applicants will be evaluated each week.
Multnomah County is seeking a technically experienced individual for the position of Senior Software Developer with the Department of County Assets (DCA) Information Technology DIvision Health and Human Services Applications Team.
Multnomah County’s Information Technology Division is a dynamic organization aligning itself with emerging industry trends such as Google for email/calendaring and cloud computing.
This position is part of the Applications Services unit within the team supporting Health and Human Services. Depending on Customer priorities, this position may be required to support and enhance the Health and Human services data warehousing, reporting, and analysis applications supporting Epic PM and EHR applications. The position may also be responsible for developing and maintaining custom web-based systems; modifying existing reports and developing new reports.
We are seeking an individual with a broad technical background to provide technical knowledge, guidance and mentoring to a small team of software developers. The team supports a portfolio of applications developed with .NET technologies including ASP.NET, Silverlight, HTML5, JQuery, and MVC3 using SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS. We are seeking a dynamic technical leader who likes to collaborate with others, mentor team members and develop effective team practices. The individual in this position will take an active role in determining the technical architectures and solutions needed to develop new business applications and to upgrade and/or replace legacy applications.
The Development Analyst Senior performs tasks across the entire spectrum of technical application and system development using Agile scrum development methods. This position works directly with customers and other technical staff to resolve problems and provide technical assistance on applications in production and development. The majority of assignments involve custom software development. Duties include participating in the development of software products at all steps in the life-cycle, leading and completing moderately complex quality assurance and quality control tasks, and performing research to remain informed of trends and changes in the industry and in the County.
Multnomah County is an excellent employer who offers:
- Excellent Employee Benefits including health, dental, disability and life insurance
- Defined Benefit Pension after 5 years of vesting
- 6% of Salary Contribution to Retirement Employer paid directly by the County. New hires vest within 6 months of service.
- The ability to maintain a great work/life balance
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting - Occasional
- Limited travel, primarily local
- Little to no over-time
- Training opportunities
- Annual public transit pass
Education: Bachelor of Science degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. AND
Experience: 5+ years industry-related experience with advanced knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Web architectures (.NET, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Silverlight)
- Software configuration management
- Development and support of web-based .NET applications
- Web UI design and front-end development
- Technical lead role and responsibilities
- AGILE development methodology
- Security protocols
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities in the following areas:
Software Development Lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Structured data methods (modularization, decomposition, organization, documenting, naming standards, best practices)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Software Config Mgmt (source control, promotion, deployment)
- Expert knowledge and skill in Bug tracking, debugging, troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Application platforms (web, Windows, batch/console)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Application stack (OS, development platforms, database, web services, user interface, application layers)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Quality control
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Technical Lead Duties
- Advanced knowledge and skill in AGILE development methodology
Development and Support of Applications/Concepts
- Advanced knowledge and skill in User interface design and tools (Cascading style sheets)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Database deployment processes and quality control (automated deployment, deploying objects, data upgrade methodologies, content control, deployment testing)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Application architectures and design (story boards, Use Cases, functional decomposition, object design, Microsoft patterns and practices)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Web Architectures (Web Services, SOA)
- Advanced knowledge and skill Application deployment processes and quality control (automated builds, deploying assemblies, web distribution methods, content control, deployment testing)
Development and Support of Applications/Tools
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Database Executable Objects (Stored procedures, functions, views and triggers)
- Advanced knowledge ands skill in ANSI SQL Languages (T-SQL, PL-SQL)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Studio
- Advanced knowledge and skill in .NET Components (ADO.NET, Security)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Languages (C#.NET, VB.NET)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Source Control (VSS, Subversion, Team Systems)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Web Languages (JAVA J2EE, JaveScript/VBscript, HTML/XHTML, JSP, ASP, ASP.NET)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Data Transport (XML)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Web Servers (IIS, Apache Tomcat)
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Automated Unit Testing (NUNIT, JUNIT)
- Working knowledge and skill in Report development tools (Microsoft Visual Studio Report Designer, Crystal Designer)
Customer and IT Services
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Security & Privacy Protocols (HIPAA, CJIS, SSL, User & File Security). AND
Other: Ability to pass a criminal history check.
The Application Packet:
A standard online Multnomah County Employment Application . Be sure to explain in detail all related work experience paid or unpaid. AND
A resume that indicates how you meet the required technical knowledge and skills. Include the resume in the Text Resume section or attach the document to the on-line application.
This recruitment is open until filled and may close at any time without notice. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit required application materials without delay. This recruitment may be used to fill future positions.
Human Resources will screen submitted applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants that pass this examination step will be forwarded to the hiring division for further evaluation. A Subject Matter Expert (SME) Panel in the IT Division will perform an evaluation of experience and training taken from your employment application materials. Applicants that successfully pass the SME Review will be will be asked to participate in a technical exam. Technical Exams may be scheduled on an ongoing basis. Those passing the technical exam with a score of 70% will be placed on a list of eligible candidates to be scheduled for interviews.
We have the ability for SKYPE or telephonic interviews to accommodate candidates that live outside of our metropolitan area. Final interviews may need to take place in-person.
Work Location: Lincoln Building 421 SW Oak St, Portland OR 97204
Multnomah County, OR - 13 months ago