At A Glance
TUI Specialist & Activity Sector is part of TUI Travel PLC, one of the worlds leading leisure travel companies, with over 240 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers.
Part of our Specialist & Activity sector, the Specialist Holidays Group is the UK's leading collection of niche holiday brands. It is home to the UK's largest ski operator plus 10 specialist UK brands offering high quality, flexible holidays to a range of worldwide destinations. Brand names include Crystal, Meon Villas, Sovereign, Citalia, Hayes and Jarvis, Jetsave, Austravel and Thomson Worldwide. With core customer source markets across the UK and Ireland, the division employs 1,600 staff and delivers revenue of over 500m.
What You'll Be Doing
As part of an IT Technical Team the primary role of the IT support technician is to take a proactive approach to supporting the businesses in the maintenance and upkeep of existing TUI Ski IT infrastructure, IT applications, IT equipment and Telecoms services.
You will be responsible for providing assistance to TUI Ski users and maintaining IT services and network installations in offices and resorts, across Europe, for the TUI Ski Group of companies (a subsidiary of TUI UK).
What We're Looking For
- Windows server 2000/2003, UNIX and Open VMS support and administration experience.
- Windows XP and Linux and administration experience.
- Home, small business and/or wireless technologies exposure.
- Use of Microsoft Office products
- Use of Web design and database applications
- An effective team player with a flexible attitude and a willingness to help.
- Driven by the aim to provide users/clients with the best possible service.
- Willing to learn new skills and cross train.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to communicate within diverse workforce
- Customer oriented approach required to ensure the service provided is efficient.
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional global team.
- Strong team player
- Adaptable to changing priorities
What We Can Offer
- Competitive salary & Holiday concession purchase
- Reward scheme online discounts on products & services plus late seat & accommodation offers
- Foreign exchange discount at TUI retail outlets plus In-flight discount of 20%
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Job Division: Specialist & Activity
Location: Crawley Offices
- 18 months ago - save job