ROLE STATEMENT: The IT Service Desk Technician- Level 2 will be a member of the IT Department based in our Denver US head Office and is responsible for providing timely and accurate front line user support and customer service. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the IT Service Desk Technician- Level 2 will focus on performing advanced trouble-shooting for desktop hardware and software (primarily operating systems, utilities, and communications).
• Provide level 1 & 2 service desk support, assisting with hardware and software issues
• Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting guidance pertaining to network, internet, laptop, phone, and computer issues within Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows XP/Windows 7) MS Office products
• Field incoming help requests from end users in local and remote locations in a courteous manner
• Maintain technical problems history through a ticketing system
• Maintain local network policies, practices, security measures and control documentation
• Assist in preparing, revising and maintaining procedures and documentation
• Provide training on the operations and functionality if various applications, printers, and systems
• Trouble-shooting for desktop software
• Scheduled on-call after hours support as required
• Able to travel to filed site and district offices as required
• Other duties as required
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of computer systems, networking, computer components, LAN, browsers, and a comfort level with troubleshooting these topics patiently over the telephone
• Ability to clearly communicate highly complex matters and concepts to a target audience and forum
• Team player with the ability to conduct work with utmost confidentiality and professionalism
• Excellent communication skills with a customer service orientation and an ability to work well with all levels of the organization
• Able to manage, resolve and/or escalate areas of conflict with cross-functional issues
• Able to demonstrate professional and empathetic behavior in the resolution of both routine and complex customer problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or a related discipline
• A minimum of 2 years of proven experience within an IT environment
• Energy market experience and/or industry requiring flexible work times considered an asset
• Multiple languages (Spanish, Russian, etc.) will be considered an asset
This represents an overview of the position and is not designed to cover
all duties or requirements of the role.
Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading provider of fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing services for the global oil and natural gas industry. World headquarters are located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and US headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
From technology investments to customer care to employee achievement, Calfrac seeks to maintain its leadership position as the preferred provider to it's customers by delivering our services with the highest degree of quality, safety, efficiency and integrity.
In return for your talent, we offer:
Competitive pay and outstanding benefits, including: major medical, dental, vision, life, long and short term disability, as well as 401K with matching funds. Additionally, we offer tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and holiday policy, and much more! If you are a team player with strong work ethic and commitment to safety, we'd like to hear from you!
Calfrac Well Services - 4 months ago
Since 1999, Calfrac has grown from a four person company to a leading oilfield service provider with over 3000 employees worldwide. World...