Under the leadership of Superintendent John Huppenthal, the Arizona Department of Education is committed to our mission of ensuring academic excellence for all students. We are always seeking highly qualified professionals who share our passion for enriching students' lives! For more information about ADE, please visit http://www.ade.az.gov/.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, supplemental and dependent life insurance ($15,000 life insurance provided free), and short-term disability (all after a 90 day waiting period as a state of Arizona employee). Also provided are a deferred compensation plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. It is mandatory to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System plan (ASRS), which includes long-term disability (after a 27 week waiting period as a state of Arizona employee).
All newly-hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
The Arizona Department of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
The Arizona Department of Education Information Technology Section is seeking an IT Service Management Director (Information Technology Specialist V).
* Participates in Information Technology (IT) planning
* Bringing current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure, technology, systems and best practices (ITIL) as related to the needs of the agency
* Proactively researches and recommends course of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the agency
* Responsible for metrics, key performance indicators and establishes service level agreements for driving the performance of IT service delivery
* Responsible for the IT service delivery management of databases, servers, network, storage, email, active directory, and other technology platforms shared across the enterprise.
* Provides strategic direction, coaches and mentors more junior management staff
* Overall responsibility for departmental decisions and management for shared services, collaborative services and service desk
* Work in tandem with Service Delivery managers/product managers to meet agency needs
* Preference will be given to applicants who have a Bachelor's degree in Management or related experience and/or ITIL v3 Certified
* Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
* Travel may be required for this position
* Broad and generally deep understanding of all facets of management and leadership, as well as a vision for the specific business program/function being managed
* Thorough working knowledge of most infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
* Thorough working knowledge of interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions
* Identifies required resources; trains, schedules and monitors resources; leads hiring process; accountable for effective use of resources
* Advocates technology changes that provide value and support agency goals; champions a cohesive and consistent approach to improvement in the organization
* Management of Resources
* Ability to operate independently in a complex environment
* Provide management oversight and direction to subordinate IT personnel in the operation of an agency Data Center environment
* Interact both technically with staff and vendor representatives and functionally with users through verbal and written communications sufficient to present clear and concise reports, to interview and to coach
* Negotiate complex solutions to technical problems while ensuring the solutions meet the defined business needs in a cost-effective manner
* Conceptualize network configuration and technologies to meet new and evolving customer service requirements
* Conceptualize systems and detail system flows at the data element level sufficient to integrate all parts of the system
* Analyze computer hardware or software malfunctions that have significant financial impact, and implement solutions under extremely tight time constraints
* Explain system software internals and how hardware/software interact within and between computing facilities
* Demonstrate prior success in the installation, deployment, and/or support of specialized software and/or network architecture products or environments
* Demonstrate ability to lead process managers for continual service improvement
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: EDU
State of Arizona - 17 months ago
The US Department of Education's (or ED) mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering...