Part Time 12 month position:
The IT Services Technician provides support for IT operational functions on an as-needed basis. Support services may include assistance to the College helpdesk functions, special events support, assistance with equipment and software inventory/licensing activities, and hardware and/or software deployment, troubleshooting and problem resolution. In addition the IT Services Technician provides direct user support, training, and consulting in the use of desktop applications and peripherals.
- Provides helpdesk coverage, on an as-needed basis, to include direct user support, and telephone support to employees and students institution-wide including campus centers. Provides referral of problems to appropriate IT area.
- Assists with user training and/or provides direct one-on-one consultation as needed.
- Assists the IT area as needed in maintaining essential desktop computing services to include troubleshooting and component/peripheral repair and replacement.
- Participates in the IT area’s support of special events and presentations to include audio and visual technologies.
- Participates, as needed, in the IT Division’s deployment of new technologies including hardware and software upgrade projects.
- Assists with the supervision and direction of student aides.
- Assists in the creation of IT user documentation.
- Assists as needed in efforts supporting IT operations to include equipment inventory, software licensing and purchasing, routine maintenance activities and acquisition and provisioning of supplies.
- Functions as an IT staff member, assisting with high priority Division operations on an as needed basis.
Educational Background : Minimum of an Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience : Competent in the use of current technical communication and productivity tools. Experience with the use of Windows, Windows-based applications, is required. Experience with the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computers, peripherals, and computer applications is highly desirable. Experience with software installation and configuration, presentation software and A/V equipment, and supporting and/or training computer users, as well as creation of documentation, is also desirable.
Occasional evening hours may be required.
For full consideration please apply by June 14, 2013.
Finger Lakes Community College - 17 months ago