Part Time 12 month position:
The IT Services Technician provides support for IT operational functions on an as-needed basis. Support services may include assistance to the College helpdesk functions, special events support, assistance with equipment and software inventory/licensing activities, and hardware and/or software deployment, troubleshooting and problem resolution. In addition the IT Services Technician provides direct user support, training, and consulting in the use of desktop applications and peripherals.
- Provides helpdesk coverage, on an as-needed basis, to include direct user support, and telephone support to employees and students institution-wide including campus centers. Provides referral of problems to appropriate IT area.
- Assists with user training and/or provides direct one-on-one consultation as needed.
- Assists the IT area as needed in maintaining essential desktop computing services to include troubleshooting and component/peripheral repair and replacement.
- Participates in the IT area’s support of special events and presentations to include audio and visual technologies.
- Participates, as needed, in the IT Division’s deployment of new technologies including hardware and software upgrade projects.
- Assists with the supervision and direction of student aides.
- Assists in the creation of IT user documentation.
- Assists as needed in efforts supporting IT operations to include equipment inventory, software licensing and purchasing, routine maintenance activities and acquisition and provisioning of supplies.
- Functions as an IT staff member, assisting with high priority Division operations on an as needed basis.
Educational Background : Minimum of an Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience : Competent in the use of current technical communication and productivity tools. Experience with the use of Windows, Windows-based applications, is required. Experience with the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computers, peripherals, and computer applications is highly desirable. Experience with software installation and configuration, presentation software and A/V equipment, and supporting and/or training computer users, as well as creation of documentation, is also desirable.
Occasional evening hours may be required.
For full consideration please apply by June 14, 2013.