Reports to: IT Manager, Web Applications
FLSA : Exempt
Purpose: To design, develop, enhance, maintain, and support Business across multiple platforms to improve and enable ConnectiCare business operations through the application of technology.
1. Consults with the business owner of assigned issues and opportunities, offering technical advise and analysis to assist in:
2. Analyzes assigned issues and opportunities consulting with business owners to identify, document, and communicate:
- Defining their scope, objectives, and required timeframes.
- The definition of business requirements and the development of business and functional specifications.
- Thorough testing of solutions prior to implementation including the development of test plans, test cases, test scripts, and data sets to adequately test designed solutions.
- The development of training plans and materials for designed solutions.
3. Designs and develops programs and complete Business Applications in accordance with developed business requirements and technical and business specifications across multiple assigned platforms. Considers all aspects of technical design including maintainability, scalability, backup and recovery, capacity planning, security, and privacy
- Root cause(s) of issues.
- Detailed impacts including performance, data corruption/loss, service quality, regulatory compliance, and necessity for reprocessing.
- What, if any, additional issues/changes may stem from their implementation.
- Potential risks (of action and inaction) and possible barriers to implementation.
- Recommended technical solutions, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Detailed activities, resources, costs, and time frames for implementation.
- Technical specifications to address all business requirements.
- All parties which must be informed about and/or involved in pending changes.
- Post-implementation successes, failures, and improvements.
4. Partners with business owners of assigned issues and opportunities to define data, processing, refresh, and other requirements for testing accounts within assigned technical environments. Develops technical specifications and designs for development, testing, staging, and production accounts where applicable.
5. Actively participates in the dissemination of business, technical, and industry knowledge across the Information Services organization and assigned business units.
6. Develops a cross functional understanding of assigned Business Applications and databases and how they interacts with other Business Applications.
7. Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Technical Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in an information systems environment.
2. At least 5 years experience developing applications in an information technology environment, with an understanding of relational databases, networking, and personal computers, preferably within a managed care environment.
3. At least 5 years hands-on experience with MS SQL Server, ASP, MTS, IIS, XML and Visual Basic required. COBOL, Micro-focus, cognos, legacy mainframe experience desirable.
4. At least 3 years experience developing client/server applications in the .Net environment (VB.Net, C#) strongly preferred.
5. Strong MS SQL experience required. Design DB objects, code routines in stored producers, able to write proficient SQL queries to manipulate data for reporting.
6. Expert knowledge of Internet architecture and security (Internet protocols, Firewalls, etc.)
7. Excellent project management, negotiation, and analytical skills required.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
1. Member and Customer Focus: Recognizes that members and customers (internal & external) are the driving force behind every business activity. Continuously makes an effort to exceed the expectations of members and customers.
2. Quality Orientation: Assumes responsibility for providing the highest level of quality to members and customers.
3. Innovation: The ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of ConnectiCare.
4. Communication: The ability to communicate with clarity both orally and in writing.
5. Teamwork: Demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of ConnectiCare and inspires the same in others.
6. Results Orientation: The ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
7. Change Mastery: Embraces change.
8. Learning Orientation: Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
ConnectiCare is one of the largest HMOs in Connecticut. In 1979 a group of doctors at Hartford Hospital planted the seeds for what would...