Title: IT Strategic Portfolio Management Practitioner
(OSS) policies, develop new processes to ensure future compliance, to evaluate the suitability and analyze
- Candidate will work with internal customers help ensure compliance with current Open Source Software
the risk associated with use of OSS packages, investigate potential alternative OSS based on risk, and
promote appropriate use of OSS and subsidiaries.
reviews, monitor and track OSS requests, provide risk assessment and risk mitigation information and
- Further, candidate will help ensure compliance with client internal OSS processes, complete OSS license
strategies to internal client customers.
with 3rd parties via drafting, reviewing, editing legal documents. Position responsibilities may also include:
- Secondary Responsibility: Representing the client IT principles, practices, and values in IT transactions
Manage risk to client IT, and client subsidiaries through effective risk mitigation strategies and negotiations
with 3rd parties. Manage multiple complex projects with internal customers and 3rd parties to achieve required deadlines.
Participate in cross-functional teams formed to ensure that business objectives and requirements are met with a given transaction.
are existing transactions (licenses, agreements, regulatory). Establish contract management for key IT contracts, including
- Ensure effective ongoing relationships with internal customers and external 3rd parties with whom there
processes for governance and on-going monitoring of and feedback related to supplier performance
Guide development of relationships with new suppliers to deliver win-win outcomes supporting long-term IT strategy.
Provide proactive decision making information for contracts and other related legal documents.
- Consult with business partners on proposed or completed transactions in order to aid their decision making and risk assessment.
ability to think critically and conceptually about new and undeveloped areas
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus with strong attention to details Demonstrated
specifically software licenses
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating and drafting IT technology contracts,
problem solver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demostrated experience assessing risk in software license agreements
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter with the ability to work as an independent
- Demonstrated experience managing internal corporate relationships and supplier relationships
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service in various IT transactions
- Demonstrated understanding of OSS projects and OSS development
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and assessing OSS Demonstrated application
and audio/web-ex collaboration tools
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work globally including cultural sensitivity, time-zone awareness
ability to assess associated risks for given business situation (e.g. open source software).
- Requires unique combination of competency in IT, OSS, law, and general business and
in a required breadth of competence leading to customized services for each customer.
- Key role in numerous types of transactions (services, hardware, software, data) resulting
many perspectives, cultures, geographies to involve, manage, influence within the suppliers organization.
- Multiple projects to manage simultaneously each with critical deadlines.
- Requires management of cross functional /multi-departmental global projects
(balancing pressing project needs with prudent risk management) resulting in the need to frequently
- Requires constant balancing of internal customer’s goals with overall corporate risk management
use mediation, problem solving, communication, and influencing skills.
a win-win solution.
- Requires ability to understand the motivations of each party in a transaction and translate that into
JD (law) Bachelors Degree in a technical or business field/ or relevant experience
(Information technology industry experience sufficient to understand IT requirements,
technology products/services, and assess risks) (Application development / Java experience helpful)
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
sologig - 19 months ago
People Powered. Performance Driven.
That's our philosophy. And our promise.
We will provide you with the highly skilled professionals...