Reporting to the Vice President of Business Intelligence, the IT Support Specialist – Co-Op provides assistance to company users - and/or client-provided information technology resources. Manages end user technical training and remediation activities, oversees information resources repository of instructional materials for user applications and makes recommendations for additions to learning aids and tools. Conducts needs assessments, evaluates assistance currently being offered and develops approaches to enhance company capabilities for user support.
- Provides computer/network/cloud support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing items to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within company standards.
- Installation of workstations and printers on the LAN.
- Participate in Team meetings, providing input and suggestions, and prepare minutes of discussion items.
- Monitor and report licenses on applications to ensure compliance on an annual basis.
- Ensure that all security patches are applied to all workstations in lieu of an automated process.
- Assist with needs of UNIX and Eclipse administration.
- Carry out other such duties/tasks/projects as may be assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
- Proven effective customer service skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Good verbal & written communication skills (internal & external customers).
- Proven ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be a problem-solver in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS (all platforms) required.
- Must possess high degree of organization skills and be a self-starter.
- The ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Strong decision making ability is desired but also must know when to seek assistance.
- Excellent attendance a must.
- Positive attitude - morale booster.
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities.
- Ability to work independently to meet assigned deadlines.
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
- Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- High School Diploma or GED; currently enrolled in technology related field.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification or other technology certifications is/are a plus.
- Prior experience with Epicor Eclipse, Office 2010/O365, Cisco, SharePoint, any current programming language.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
Granite City Electric Supply Company - 7 months ago