COLOR LAB IT SPECIALIST
This position provides support to all types of tinting locations throughout the North American supply chain. This includes: set-up of tinting systems, troubleshooting, distribution of color formulations, auditing and training..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Color Laboratory IT Analyst is responsible for IT technical support of color matching operations throughout the NAM supply chain network. This includes (but not limited to):
Assist users who are experiencing computer-related problems, and/or tint equipment issues, while working remotely or at MPC sites.
Apply knowledge of computer operations to analyze and resolve software and hardware problems according to assigned priority.
Training of new and current employees involved in color matching.
Conduct audits in tinting centers to ensure IP procedures are followed.
Learn and adhere to required AkzoNobel, BU and regional policies, procedures and work practices and keep knowledge and skills up to date by communicating with other computer experts (electronically and/or in person).
Supply regular updates of color matching and formulation databases to all tinting locations
Liaise with key suppliers to ensure all equipments is maintained and serviced appropriately.
Assist with evaluation of new technology and equipment
- Lead, participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE meetings, BBS observer, HS&E training, Near Miss & AIRI reporting, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.).
- Bachelors degree with concentration in MIS or Computer Science or other related discipline preferred plus 2 years of experience in computer science, programming or technical support.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations
- Possess strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to perform various mathematical functions to include calculations involving proportion, percentage, area, and volume, and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret statistical data, and other related business information
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to organize, present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers and customers
- High degree of attention to detail
- Customer Service skills
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving, including maintenance/repair of computer hardware & software
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Willing to travel (up to 30%)
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend/stoop, lift, walk, kneel, crouch and climb for extended periods of time as required.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AkzoNobel - 2 years ago