Acts as a support arm for all corporate infrastructure support and application teams. Follows all required policies and established corporate standards.
Analyze and resolve assigned problem tickets; documents problem resolution and communicates impact to internal customers; identifies, documents, and escalates issues
Use Service Desk Tool to document and record all IT issues and activities
Assists in supporting meetings from an audio/visual/computing standpoint
Assists in the deployment of technical solutions (e.g. scheduling, testing, installation, user training, etc) and documentation
Install and configure hardware and software; utilizes USF best practices and follows policy with regard to installation and configuration of hardware and software
Manage change activities for all employee events (e.g. equipment setup, installation and removal, and basic user training as required with respect to new hires, terminations, position changes, etc.)
Assists in inventory and tracking of IT assets; manages stock of essential spare parts and equipment as required
Assists in facilitating vendor repair and maintenance activities (e.g. scheduling and coordinating onsite work, directing vendor to equipment location, verifying required functionality upon repair, etc.)
Bachelors preferred but not required. A+ or any Microsoft Certification is a plus
General IT Experience, Minimum of 5 Years required with desktop specific experience. Minimum of 3 years working with 50 end-users.
Minimum of 5 years of knowledge in the technologies used within IT Area:
Basic knowledge in the following a plus:
- Windows Desktop environment configuration and troubleshooting including Windows XP
- Desktop troubleshooting skills
- PC Hardware build and configuration skills
- General knowledge of handheld devices (Smartphones, Blackberry)
- General knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- WLAN Technologies: Wireless concepts
- LAN Technologies: TCP/IP, Ethernet switching, VLAN concepts, Routing concepts, Web filtering concepts
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Active Directory and related support tools. This includes basic OU rights and administration.
- Server operating systems Window 2003, 2000, XP, NT4, 2008.
- DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP networking
- Third Party Software - Altiris, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Good Server
- Report distribution using USF approved technologies
- Moves, Adds and changes with regard to telecom wiring and devices
- Audio visual experience with Enterprise Video Endpoints as well as portable/stationary LCD projectors