Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. (AOAM) is looking for an Information Technology System Support (Part-Time Intern) to join our Information Technology Group (IT). This a temporary contract position, which is expected to work until the end of the fiscal year, March 31, 2013.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Setup, optimize, maintain, and support local area network hardware and software, including Windows / Linux servers, Windows / Linux / Apple Mac workstations, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues, provide necessary documentation, and provide weekly status reports.
- Organize IT storage area, maintain physical inventory control, and dispose of obsolete equipment based on company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and administrate tape backups.
- Monitor Systems and Network performance.
- Maintain, administrate, and support endpoint security software/devices (anti-malware, encryption, mobile device management).
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree in an IT related area or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- IT industry (MCP, MCSE, A+, Linux+, etc.) certifications are a plus.
- Understanding and working experience with computer networking, PC hardware, Windows / Linux / Mac OS, DNS, TCP/IP, and MS Office products.
- Prior working experience with Dell / IBM servers, desktops, laptops and Windows / Linux server administration is preferred.
- Supporting mobile devices (Android, iPhone,/iPad, Windows, Mobile) is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, crawl and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard