The position is for a senior IT resource to support and develop solutions for the Tax Operations area. The technology platform this area is .NET / C# Silverlight with Sybase but also includes feeds from multiple settlements systems and associated stored procedures for annual Tax Reporting.
This role is for a senior developer who will be the primary support contact for the Tax Operations group. Main responsibilities include IT support of the Tax Operations team, support and enhancement to the Tax Operations Reporting Application (TORA), acting as primary IT contact with the IT leads for the in scope settlement systems for annual Tax Reporting and providing oversight to a junior developer. In addition, this person will have a role in ongoing technology projects including the global FATCA program.
The individual must have a strong background in web based application development including experience in developing and supporting n-tiered client-server applications utilizing new framework features in .NET 4.0 framework with Silverlight and WCF services.
- 8+ years of professional development experience
- 5 + years experience in C#, .NET (4.0 preferred), Silverlight 4 and above
- Experience with MVVM and Prism
- 3+ years experience with WCF and web services
- 5+ years Sybase or SQL Server – writing business logic in stored procedures, triggers, views
- Extensive experience troubleshooting application issues and delivering resolutions in a timely manner
- Database query and reporting experience
- Experience working closely with business users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project / management experience
Our Utah offices are located in Taylorsville, Salt Lake City. The Salt Lake area is a haven for outdoor sports. It hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics games and boasts fantastic ski resorts, mountain bike trails and white water rafting – as well as six national parks. Everyone who works here needs to aspire to be the best in their chosen field. We’re rebuilding a business by capitalizing on our strengths. It’s the talent of our people that will make all the difference. Success is important to our clients, so we need people who compete to win and your drive and ability to succeed will be a key thing we look at during the recruitment process. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer an excellent employee salary and benefit program which can be tailored to suit your individual needs. We also offer a wide selection of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your own work-life priorities.
- Experience / understanding of Tax Reporting and Withholding
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws.
Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.
RBS - 7 months ago