to learn more.
Through the GLOBE (Growing Leaders on Behalf of the Environment) internship program, The Nature Conservancy hires students and recent college graduates to fill paid internship positions during a 10-week summer internship. This is a unique opportunity for students and recent graduates to bridge the gap between what is learned in the classroom and on-the-ground work in the world of conservation. Additionally, the GLOBE program provides interns with the chance to directly work toward a sustainable future for our planet on the side of the Conservancy, the world’s largest environmental organization.
The Nature Conservancy offers GLOBE internships in the following areas: Conservation/Environmental Studies, Science, Information Technology (Computer Science), Marketing/Business, Marketing (Photo editing/Production Assistant), Communications, MBA Finance, Policy, Government Relations, Audit, and Philanthropy.
- We are willing to teach the technical skills but we need an enthusiastic individual who has excellent customer service skills.
- Work with Texas TIS staff to develop and implement a disaster recovery and off-site backup plan for each office in Texas.
- Assess current internet/phone systems costs and capabilities in field offices. Research and provide options for improving these systems.
- Create network diagrams for each of the Texas offices using MS Office Visio and post them on our SharePoint support community site.
- Install TNC’s standard updates on all Texas computers.
- Verify pc backups are setup properly and running on each computer using TNC’s Syncback backup software.
- Provide technical support for the San Antonio staff under the guidance of the supervisor and mentor.
- Research office / building security systems to protect IT and other assests.
- Currently enrolled in college and working towards a degree in computer science or business administration with a minor in computer science.
- Knowledge of business software such as, SharePoint a definite plus.
- Experience with computer hardware repair, Symantec Endpoint protection and imaging highly desired.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- This is a full-time, temporary internship position with a position term of June 1, 2014 - August 8, 2014.
- Housing stipend will be provided
BENEFITS-SHORT TERM POSITIONS
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
- $12.00/hour for undergraduate students; $14.00/hour for graduate students and above
The Nature Conservancy’s GLOBE program candidate should demonstrate at least one of the following:
Contribution to The Nature Conservancy’s diversity.
Applicant has circumstances, experiences, skills or talents that would benefit others and would enhance the diversity of the organization.
Commitment to diversity.
Applicant has shown and can demonstrate a deep and active commitment to the issues of conservation and human diversity.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
Applicant has exceptional academic aptitude and record;
Applicant is able to demonstrate a commitment to conservation of the natural world;
Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates applying for internship positions should be graduates of the past 2 years.
Intern Selection Process
- Applications will be screened for eligibility, qualifications, experience level related to the project
- Applicants will be notified of next steps in the process (within 4 weeks after posting date ends)
- 2-3 phone interviews will be conducted for applicants selected to interview
- Additional information may be required before making a final decision
- All applicants will be notified of final selection by mid-March.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 41495, submit resume and cover letter as one document.
Resume, cover letter, and 3 references are required for each position.
All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 7, 2014.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. The information entered in the education and work experience sections are auto screened by the system based on the basic qualifications of the position.
You must click
to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
applicant user guide
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
The Nature Conservancy - 11 months ago