The Business Analyst must be able to understand the value of the product/enhancement and communicate concrete designs for realizing that value. This means being the subject matter expert (SME) of the product’s business processes, and articulating product requirements in a format that is digestible by Engineering and other teams. This resource must be self-managed, self-directed, and priority-minded. The BA receives direction from the Product Manager, but also must share the responsibility of defining and planning his work for maximum benefit to the success of the product.
- Interview users/stakeholders to learn their business processes. Deconstruct and re-design them into faster/better/cheaper processes. Finally, elaborate those as functional product specifications for Engineering.
- Take epic-level business requirements from Product Management and turn them into detailed functional requirements (bite-size user stories) for Engineering and QA, including process mapping and data flow.
- Collaborate with Product Mgt on UI/UX design.
- Attend daily agile scrum meeting as product co-owner (with Product Manager).
- Serve as a functional SME to QA, Support & Implementation teams.
- Review the QA team's testing scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare product documentation for use by Support & Implementation teams in implementing, training, and supporting clients.
- Manage multiple concurrent BA-related tasks and smaller projects based on priority and deadlines
- Contribute to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results, learning new skills needed by the team, and finding new ways to help the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (technical or business management degree preferred)
- 3+ years of Experience in business analysis
- Experience with MS SQL and mastery of MS Visio and MS Excel
- Experience with software user interface (UI), software design, and wire framing tools
- Experience in Agile SCRUM methodology preferred
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with SaaS solutions preferred
- English language proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.
PRGX Global - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard