The basic function of the PMO Manager is to plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of designed business solutions utilizing the complete resources of the PMO Office and assigned project management teams. The Manager provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. This individual maintains excellent communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the project teams. S/he is responsible for leading PMO in a mature and organization-focused manner, providing help where necessary to ensure the company’s objectives are met. Has expert experience in Project/Program Management and able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. S/he assesses resource loads and makes appropriate individual assignments, manages and mentors the members of the PMO – driving organizational effectiveness and accountability. S/he is responsible for utilizing a cost/benefit approach and must be versed in ROI financial calculations. Also serves as a key liaison with the rest of the functional groups and business facilitating planning, prioritization and collaboration between groups.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential in the daily execution of the position:
• Develops/Communicates project management standards and best practices
• Identifies, secures, and coordinates implementation of internal and external resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives
• Collaborates with functional areas in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
• Ensures that all projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
• Assign projects to Project Management Office staff and monitor progress
• Supervises the PMO team members
• Advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning. Is proficient and cost/benefit and ROI analysis.
• Initiates and implements new methodologies, process and procedures that will support Company long and short term goals
• In addition to project and new functionality deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management and pay determination and communication
• Customer Service: Leads the organization in using customers’ wants and needs to screen all decisions and actions; ensures that the customer’s perspective is taken fully into account. Creates and reinforces a customer service mindset throughout the organization.
• Developing Associates: Provides frequent, constructive feedback to continually improve performance. Grows talent by coaching for execution; provides frequent, candid and direct feedback to others. Gives others feedback on both their results and on how they achieved those results.
• Business Knowledge: Focuses intensely on using levers that drive profitable sales, margins and expense control. Invests dollars and resources that achieve the greatest returns.
• Sense of Urgency: Holds associates responsible for their actions and results. Acts with urgency when resolving associate, customer or business problems.
• Team Skills: Values diverse people; shares ideas, communicates honestly and respects others. Communicates effectively with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and adjusts communication style, as appropriate. Builds mutual understanding, consensus and support among team members by communicating in a way that promotes understanding and commitment.
• Change Initiative: Drives changes that align with strategic priorities. Makes and communicates fact-based decisions. Takes initiative to build own awareness and understanding about the business reasons for change.
• Problem Solving Skills: Creates a “can-do” environment; encourages others to be enthusiastic about identifying opportunities, solving problems, dealing with change and executing with speed and purpose. Helps associates envision personal benefits and positive outcome of change. Makes decisions quickly based on available information and appropriate assessment of risk.
• Two Way Communication Skills: Communicates to team and keeps team abreast of information needed to perform their job. Creates an environment where people feel free to speak open and candidly. Sets the stage for productive conversations.
Minimum Technical Skill Requirements
• 5+ years experience as a PMO manager
• Project budgeting skills
• Proven financial analysis skill
• Proven project management skills; ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects
• Proven communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
• Proven team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff
• Project Management Institute certification (PMP) desired.
hhgregg - 13 months ago
hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) is a leading specialty retailer of home appliances, consumer electronics, home entertainment furniture, mattresses,...