The DW/BI System Analyst works in collaboration with the subject matter experts and customers to gather requirements as needed, analyze information requirements and access databases to support and enhance the DW/BI system. He/she proposes solutions ensuring that the business standards and requirements are met. Apply high quality expertise to the analysis, design, development, integration, installation, implementation and support of DW/BI solutions. Put in place measures to ensure the data quality and integrity of the data warehouse and BI applications. Ensure existing data security policies are followed. Contribute to the development of the DW/BI system and provide support. |
The DW/BI System Analyst is familiar with a variety of methodologies and technologies, particularly with Oracle data warehouse and business intelligence, and how to use them to solve a business problem. The systems analyst brings together the functional and technical aspects of problem solving.
Examples of Work:
- Gathers requirements, perform business/system requirement analysis and create effective design and integration solutions.
- Works closely with managers and subject matter experts to prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Provide support to DW/BI systems.
- Create formalized test plans for encapsulating business situations of system usage.
- Participate to system development tasks that include design, integration, development and testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the MS BI Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS,SRSS).
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling, reporting and other DW/BI technologies is an asset.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to isolate, diagnose, and resolve complex issues and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Ability to translate business needs into functional specifications and further into technical designs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be process oriented, comfortable owning projects and deadlines.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) year's experience in the Information Technology field.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Data warehousing/ Business Intelligence field.
- Strong knowledge (last 2 years) of Microsoft BI Stack (Sql Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) technologies.
- Experience with software design principles. Capable of creating data mappings, DFDs, ERDs.
- Experience in translating business needs into functional specifications and further into technical designs.
- Experience in isolating, diagnosing, and resolving complex issues and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience in dimensional modeling, reporting and other DW/BI technologies is an asset.
In accordance with the City of Jacksonville Ordinance 116.910, effective July 1, 2012, any person who is hired or appointed by the City of Jacksonville and does not reside within Duval County at the time of hire, will have six (6) months to establish permanent residency within the boundaries of Duval County. Failure to establish permanent residency within six (6) months shall constitute resignation from employment. Effective July 1, 2012, any person who is hired or appointed by the City of Jacksonville and does reside within Duval County at the time of hire, but subsequently moves his/her permanent residence outside the boundaries of Duval County, shall constitute resignation from employment.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net , attach college transcripts, any job related certification, and if claiming veteran’s preference, DD-214 (Form 4), for consideration.