We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Sr Manager-Vendor Management
1. Serves as a corporate consulting resource on matters associated with the selection and application of technology or business processes to positively impact the business, operating, and technology strategies of the corporation. Conducts management analyses and business impact studies associated with new CMG business and IT technology or process initiatives. Develops business cases that show why or why not these initiatives should be undertaken (painting the picture) to all levels of senior management.
2. Formulates policy decisions on the adoption, application, and enhancement of technology or business processes to support the corporate strategies.
3. Leads corporate division and enterprise initiatives to re-engineer technology or business processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness, executing the IT strategies and direction set by the IT Leadership Team.
4. Directs other business and IT managers to see initiatives through to closure: either by completing the project and transitioning to an operational function, or by terminating the effort. Performs knowledge transfer, coaching, and guidance, to transition the resulting solution to operational staff.
5. Proactively assesses and monitors projects, uncovers risks and provides resolution or alternatives through influence, persuasion and coaching of project sponsor and other key stakeholders.
6. Tracks and reports key functional metrics on technology and business processes to identify potential expense reductions or improved effectiveness.
7. Communicates on a regular basis with all levels of Business and/or IT management to advise on process or technical issues.
8. Leads cross-functional teams and creates an environment that promotes the exchange of information between the business, IT and external source providers.
9. May at times supervise operational managers and/or staff. Regularily contributes to, and may participate in, the performance evaluation and resulting compensation decisions of individuals assigned to their activities.
10. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management
1. Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent trade-off in professional
related work experience.
2. Minimum of ten years IT experience including demonstrated proficiency in the last 3 years in at least two of the following:
- IT/Business Processes in the financial services industry,
- Infrastructure/Technical Architecture,
- Business Systems Applications Architecture,
- Information/Business Intelligence Architecture,
3. Minimum of five years IT project management experience of large scale, complex, high risk, high visibility IT projects.
4. Demonstrated superior knowledge in industry standard business and technology process best practices, tools and
5. Possesses significant, expert knowledge of the financial services industry, IT industry, and third party service providers.
6. Demonstrated strong executive level communication skills including strong interpersonal skills (listening, speaking and
7. Significant experience in achieving positive results among staff at all levels of the organization through demonstrated
ability in developing consultative relationships and working collaboratively with individuals and teams across the
company, utilizing influence, persuasion, leadership, negotiation, and group facilitation skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Business and IT management on business matters blending
technical and non-technical perspectives.
9. Demonstrated superior problem solving and organizational skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues.
11. Demonstrated successful experience with managing partner and vendor relationships.
12. Ability to start from a blank page without guidance (self directed).
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SS20130802-65829