This position involves the daily cleaning and maintenance of the Finish Line Sports Grill restaurant and satellite wagering auditorium. Thorough cleaning includes but is not limited to sweeping, dusting, removing litter and waste. Cleaning fixtures, equipment, floors and restrooms. May be required to work other shifts. Requires Union membership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Uphold the values and principles of the L.A. County fair Assoc.
Responsible for the sweeping, mopping, and maintenance of floors.
Responsible for the vacuuming and maintenance of carpets.
Scrubs and cleans restroom fixtures and keeps restrooms supplied.
Dusts and cleans walls, doors, windows, woodwork and other surfaces.
Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture.
Washes windows and waste receptacles.
May be required to hose down buildings and pavements inside and outside.
Empties large trash barrels and replaces liners.
Must wear Fairplex issued uniform and badge at all times.
Must maintain good hygiene and grooming.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment and the ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength. Requires the communication skills necessary to follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to establish and maintain working relations with the Janitorial Supervisor and co-workers. Good judgment and an understanding of customer service are strongly desired.
1. Must be capable of climbing stairs, ladders, and working on stationary ladder.
2. Must be able to do some heavy lifting, with a minimum of 35 lbs.
3. Must be able to stoop/bend.
4. Must be able to carry equipment and trash through crowded buildings and through swinging doors.
5. Must be able to access, clean and service all restrooms
6. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 11 months ago