* Looking for an opportunity to enter a career in healthcare?
* Interested in Pharmacy with a new twist?
* Seeking advancement opportunities?
* Looking for a professional, team oriented workplace?
* Work for a diversified, growing and stable National Company!
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the IV/Infusion Technician is responsible for preparing pharmaceuticals for pharmacist’s approval and assumes responsibilities involving receiving, entering, processing, and maintaining orders in the computer system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all pertinent local, state, and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Perform sanitation and maintenance of the cleanroom area.
- Perform sanitation, maintenance, and tracking of infusion equipment.
- Perform pharmaceutical infusion compounding activities.
- Participate in pharmacy quality control and performance improvement activities.
- Perform pharmacy inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Full job description available upon request.
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year previous pharmacy technician experience and pharmacy Technician license required.
- Previous pharmacy or a health care setting experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, establish priorities, and be flexible.
- Ability to perform accurately and efficiently when imputing information.
- Possess knowledge of drug names - generic and brand.
- Ability to recognize subtle differences in names and numbers.
- Must be available to work 2:30PM - 1:00AM, Tuesday thru Friday with some weekends and holidays. There may be some flexibility in scheduling and a shift differential.
- Must have previous IV technician experience
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...