Located in the quiet residential neighborhood of First Hill, the Inn at Virginia Mason/Baroness Hotel offers convenient access to First Hill medical facilities and is just a short walk from downtown Seattle shopping, the financial district and other local attractions. .
Columbia Hospitality is currently seeking an experienced Overnight Front Desk Agent to join their team at Inn at Virginia Mason/Baroness Hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Possesses a working knowledge of the front desk, efficiently handling the check-in and checkout processes according to hotel procedures & standards.
2) Be knowledgeable and proficient with the inn property management system.
3) Operate the hotel PBX and Radio paging system according to procedures.
4) Establishes appropriate credit at time of guest check-in; issues room keys and familiarizes guests with the services and areas of the hotel.
5) Handles guest issues and complaints effectively, keeping in mind both the guest’s needs and the business objectives of the Inn. Use discretion and professionalism in resolving conflicts and be willing to consult a member of management if assistance or advice is needed.
6) Conduct adequate follow-up with both guest and fellow employees
7) Resolves and responds to all traces, notes, and messages thoroughly and completely.
8) Answers phone and handles reservations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
1) Minimum 1 year customer service experience, 1-2 years hotel experience strongly preferred
2) High school diploma or equivalent
3) Previous experience in cash handling & computerized Point of Sale system strongly preferred
4) Strong written and verbal communication skills required
5) Must have valid driver's license
6) Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This is a Full Time – Non Exempt (Hourly) position. Hours: Weekend/holiday availability required
$12.00/hour + DOE + benefits
Columbia Hospitality - 9 months ago