Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at RockResorts/Vail Resorts Hospitality ("RR/VRH") is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
This position is responsible for performing tasks associated with the maintenance and operations of the Ice Rink. Responsibilities will include routine maintenance, customer service, cash register operation, monitoring of the facility and maintenance duties on the grounds. Additionally, this position will assist customers with rentals, answer and direct telephone calls, operate cash registers and handle money, and enforce facility rules and regulations.
- Assists guests as needed, including rentals and various refreshments in order to provide convenient, courteous, efficient, fast, and flawless service.
- Performs general equipment maintenance and repair. Maintains equipment logs.
- Snow and ice removal to keep public walkways clear and clean.
- Maintains ice rink and grounds cleanliness including shoveling snow, sweeping, trash and recycling efforts.
- Educates and assists guests in the policies and procedures of the ice rink services.
- Keep work areas clean and organized according to standards.
- Promote all resort activities by discussing other department areas that may assist guests with a total resort experience. Must keep current with resort calendar – programs, events and activities.
- Maintains accurate knowledge of ice rink users, and rental schedules accordingly.
- Maintains proper and safe use of any assigned equipment, property, etc. Observe and practice safe work habits; maintain and monitor all training departmental and safety requirements to be legal, safe, & compliant.
- Maintain storage areas to ensure cleanliness and organization.
- Interfaces with resort concierge, front desk agents, and community businesses to promote and maintain rink activities and programs.
- Answers any questions or concerns regarding procedures, schedules, facilities and services.
- Attend departmental meetings as scheduled by resort management.
- Be familiar with all resort services, features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours.
- Previous ice skating, recreational or fitness back ground preferred .
- Money handling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Zamboni, edging machine, snow blower and ice skate sharpener preferred.
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 23 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...