- Mon - Fri
- Hours: 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Occasional Saturdays working a half day
General Statement of Duties
- South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, Crown Imaging Center, 5282 Medical Drive, Suite 180, San Antonio, TX 78229
This position is responsible for ensuring both patients and physicians of an effective and professional means of registering for procedures at the facility level. Provides good communication by using proper telephone etiquette, and forwards information efficiently. Must accurately schedule Radiology procedures and will perform a range of secretarial and clerical duties.
Essential Job Functions
1. Answers and routes phone calls appropriately and in a professional manner.
2. Verifies patient demographic information and enters/edits information in the computerized billing system(s) as necessary. Verifies insurance policy numbers, subscriber information, and claims mailing address. Verifies pre-authorization/pre-certification and/or case numbers when necessary. Verifies employer and accident information when necessary.
3. Follows the Policy and Procedures for all Non-Insurance (Cash) Patients for the proper handling of financial arrangements prior to exam being performed.
4. Explains paperwork, answers questions, and obtains all appropriate information and signatures. Ensures patient/guardian signatures are present on assignment of benefits. Ensures proper completion of all required waivers of liability. Makes copies of all insurance cards.
5. Verifies scheduled exams with ordered exams and notifies any discrepancies. Contacts referring physician’s office to inform them of schedule changes. Annotates all scheduling changes appropriately in the patient’s history notes. Accurately indicates add-ons, work-ins and in-patients in IDX. Notifies patients of delays in the schedule and approximate wait time. Informs Imaging staff of all changes.
6. Ensures all signed/completed questionnaires, research study requisitions, discount request forms, and radiopharmaceutical and drug reimbursement forms are present when appropriate to ensure completeness of billing packet.
7. Ensures completeness and accuracy of each exam billing packet prior to forwarding to Batch Processing Center for processing.
8. Maintains daily cash/change fund to include gift cards for patients per The Accounting of Money Policy. Verifies all deposit forms for accuracy prior to sending/faxing to Business Office per The STRIC Facility Deposit/Cash Collections Procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Proficiency in operating modern communications systems/equipment and office equipment. Knowledge of insurance filing requirements.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
HCA Inc - 16 months ago