- Hours: Variable
- Rotating Weekends
General Statement of Duties
- South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, Women's Imaging Center
This position is responsible for ensuring both patients and physicians of an effective and professional means of registering for procedures at the facility level. Provides good communication by using proper telephone etiquette, and forwards information efficiently. Must accurately schedule Radiology procedures and will perform a range of secretarial and clerical duties.
Essential Job Functions
1. Answers and routes phone calls appropriately and in a professional manner.
2. Verifies patient demographic information and enters/edits information in the computerized billing system(s) as necessary. Verifies insurance policy numbers, subscriber information, and claims mailing address. Verifies pre-authorization/pre-certification and/or case numbers when necessary. Verifies employer and accident information when necessary.
3. Follows the Policy and Procedures for all Non-Insurance (Cash) Patients for the proper handling of financial arrangements prior to exam being performed.
4. Explains paperwork, answers questions, and obtains all appropriate information and signatures. Ensures patient/guardian signatures are present on assignment of benefits. Ensures proper completion of all required waivers of liability. Makes copies of all insurance cards.
5. Verifies scheduled exams with ordered exams and notifies any discrepancies. Contacts referring physician’s office to inform them of schedule changes. Annotates all scheduling changes appropriately in the patient’s history notes. Accurately indicates add-ons, work-ins and in-patients in IDX. Notifies patients of delays in the schedule and approximate wait time. Informs Imaging staff of all changes.
6. Ensures all signed/completed questionnaires, research study requisitions, discount request forms, and radiopharmaceutical and drug reimbursement forms are present when appropriate to ensure completeness of billing packet.
7. Ensures completeness and accuracy of each exam billing packet prior to forwarding to Batch Processing Center for processing.
8. Maintains daily cash/change fund to include gift cards for patients per The Accounting of Money Policy. Verifies all deposit forms for accuracy prior to sending/faxing to Business Office per The STRIC Facility Deposit/Cash Collections Procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Proficiency in operating modern communications systems/equipment and office equipment. Knowledge of insurance filing requirements.
Minimum License and Certificates Required
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions
(X) INSIDE: Spends approximately 40 hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time): Sitting 50 %Standing 25 % Walking 25%
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
(X) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
( ) Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient specific to the department.
Some Freq None Some Freq None X
Repetitive arm/Hand movements
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Vision acuity – far
Vision acuity – near