Imagery/Spectral Analyst (Job Number: 316828)
The Mission Support Business Unit currently has two openings for Imagery/Spectral Analysts, working in Advanced Weapons Technical Exploitation and Analysis, located in Northern Virginia. The candidate(s) will be part of a motivated team of scientists, engineers, and analysts working together to support high priority technical analysis missions. The analyst(s) will develop, process, and evaluate prototype multi-discipline TECHINT exploitation and signature reports, products, and databases. He/she will create data products and support/develop associated systems, which heavily utilize technically derived data from multiple sources to include MASINT, IMINT, OSINT, SIGINT, and HUMINT. The analyst(s) will be involved in the assessment of developmental integrated software, establish procedures and documentation formats, integrate transition processes, and implement modifications. The analyst(s) will ensure new products, signatures, and processes meet customer requirements and are understood by non-technical consumers. The analyst(s) will prepare and review technical reports and briefs for quality. The analyst(s) will provide support in data exploitation methodology development and refinement including creating orthophotos and digital elevation models, extracting 3-D features into GIS and performing technical exploitation of geospatial data. Prior experience in working within the U.S. Intelligence Community is critical. The ability to be proactive and work with minimal supervision is essential.
1. Mid-level person who has strong leadership and analysis skills with a TS/SCI clearance and who can work with a diverse team to meet the classified objectives of the project.
2. Provide SME support as needed in Advanced Weapons technical Exploitation/Analysis.
1. Produce advanced weapons technical analysis reports with little to no government QC/supervision; deliver products ready for production, meeting DIA & DNI analytic, documentation, and formatting guidance.
2. Produce technical intelligence reports to include graphics.
3. Provide QC reviews of Intelligence & Fusion products.
4. Prepare and present briefings to a broad spectrum audience.
5. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of collection planning.
Some familiarity with/use of ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, RemoteView, Socet GXP, ENVI, Signature Analyst, WEKA data mining library, GMCDD, MIMOSA, RSP, AGI STK, ArcIMS, ArcSDE, Geo-databases, Link Analysis, SOCET Set, IMINER, S-plus, STELLA, MATLAB, GALE, and GALE–LITE
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Geography, Remote Sensing, or Geology, or substantive training and experience in these disciplines.
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience including, but not limited to one or more of the following: Multi-INT analysis, technical data exploitation, GIS, MASINT, SIGINT, OSINT, or AGI disciplines including: GIS, hyperspectral, multispectral, infrared imagery, radar, seismic, acoustic, infrasound, electromagnetic. or gravity; background in spectral signature libraries, creating precise 3-D models, and other experience relevant to work as a GIS analyst
- Minimum of 3 years experience including, but not limited to one or more of the following toolsets: ArcGIS 8.xl9.x, ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, RemoteView, Satellite ToolKit, ArcIMS, ArcSDE, Geodatabases, Link Analysis, SOCET Set, Iminer, S-plus, Stella, other physics based modeling tools, Flight Control, JDISS CMWS, GALE, GALE· LITE, IEC, and other related tools
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Intelligence Community experience
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2012, 8:14:02 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-HERNDON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...