MICROS offers a dynamic and fast paced work environment where you will learn something new every day. If you are looking to put your technical skills to work and take your career to the next level join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Customizes, configures, and implements commercial software products.
- Install, adapt and configure software interfaces.
- Administer, oversee, and monitor installation of custom systems and interfaces.
- May include support (internal and external training/certification and documentation), maintenance (software fixes, enhancements, and new releases), and administration
- Documentation, including preparation of training outlines, of customer specific databases and report packages, based on customer specifications and established standards.
- Analyze centrally developed Customer Specific database, reports, documentation, and related applications with Senior Implementation Specialist as required to ensure that all Customer requirements are met prior to system installation. Modify computer database, and related reports and documentation as required to further prepare and ready the Customers system for installation.
- Consult with Customers to determine and review hardware, software, or system functional specifications and obtain initial Customer sign-offs prior to system installation. Conduct End-User staff and/or management training which includes staging and set up/breakdown of equipment, to ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Provide live support coverage at Customer sites on and after the system live date as budgeted and required by the Customer to ensure a smooth transition to their new system and minimize post-installation support requirements. Address Customer issues list and obtain final Customer sign-offs to validate their satisfaction with the new system.
- Due to the nature of this position, employee may be subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by MICROS customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 6 months related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
- Fully proficient technically.
- Computer training, familiarity with GUI environments and standard applications including familiarity of at least one POS or PMS application and its associated operating system.
- Must possess current driver’s license.
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel.
- Background in POS and/or PMS vendor installation experience, systems training or support preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
MICROS participates in E-Verify, a federal pilot program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
MICROS Systems Inc. - 12 months ago