Job Title: In School Suspension Supervisor
Location: Overland Elementary
Reports To: Building Principal
Terms of Employment:
Long Term Substitute, $110/day
Nature and Scope of Job:
Supervising the Alternative Placement Program in Sweetwater School District One housed at Overland School.
1. Supervise the learning activities of students placed in the Alternative Placement Program.
2. Manages the behavior of all students placed in the Alternative Placement Program.
3. Communicates with the bus barn for the transportation of Alternative Placement students.
4. Communicates with principals, counselors and teachers regarding academic and behavior expectations, behavior plans, progress reviews and assignment completion.
5. Carry out instruction with students. Provide reteaching, corrections and additional assignments to students. Provide reteaching, corrections and additional assignments to students. 6. Administer tests and quizzes as requested by teachers. Return completed assignments and materials to classroom teachers.
7. Provide behavioral interventions with students. Implement the "Errors in Thinking" program with students as needed. Complete Behavior Packets with students as needed. Discuss orally decision making with students as needed.
8. Responsible for administration of the Alternative Placement Classroom. Record keeping, attendance records and quarterly statistical reports will be maintained.
9. Supervising the work of an Alternative Placement Classroom aide.
10. Perform other duties assigned to the Alternative Placement Supervisor.
11. Maintains the Alternative Placement classroom in a clean and orderly manner on a daily basis.
12. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place and supervisor to discuss problems.
13. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parent, and all district personnel at all times.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and mental Ability:
Knowledge of child growth and development. Knowledge of the teaching-learning process
knowledge of lesson implementation and presentation.
Knowledge of classroom management techniques.
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Posses sound emotional judgment.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Current Wyoming Substitute Certificate
Digital finger strength necessary to type on heavy setting occasionally.
Finger, hand, and arm strength necessary to write on paper, chalkboard, overhead, etc. , throughout the work day.
Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor occasionally.
Visual acuity and stamina to work with varied sizes and types of written material throughout the work day.
Near and far visual acuity.
Lower body strength to kneel, stand, and walk throughout the work day.
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the work day.
Verbal stamina to articulate clearly and with appropriate volume throughout the work day.
Auditory discrimination sufficient to receive detailed information through normal speech at 5 feet and warning cries or alarms above normal classroom and playground noise.
Regular exposure to weather extremes.
Occasional exposure to loud noises.