Role Description –
We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic laboratory scientist to be a member of Client’s research unit.
This is a part-time contractor position.
• Primary focus will be the conduct of biochemical and cell-based assays to support the Research Unit, including in vitro and ex vivo experiments to generate in-depth knowledge of compound mechanism and relevance to human cell biology.
• Individual is expected to understand relevant scientific literature and develop technical competencies in the area of in vitro pharmacology
Completion of BS or progress towards a BS degree in biomedical sciences or related field with a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience.
• In-vitro pharmacology experience to include radioligand binding and cell signaling assays.
• Molecular and cell biology experience to include cell culture, ELISA , gene expression analysis, western immunoblotting, and RNAi
• Basic knowledge of statistics and experimental design
• Excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills
• High level of initiative in performing experiments, multi-tasking and troubleshooting
• Experience in diabetes and metabolic disease is highly desirable
• Experience with functional assessment of primary tissues such as islets, hepatocytes, and adipose is a plus.
• Experience with immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and quantitative image analysis is a plus
• Works well independently as well as in a team
Nature Jobs - 4 months ago