Job Description: The In- Store Events Assistant works in tandem w the Experiential Department and the Flagship Management team ensuring that brand-building and marketing events are communicated effectively and executed smoothly in-store.
The candidate will also function as a retail lead, supporting the store and its needs – this translates to an average 60%+ of the work will be in a sales capacity on the sales floor supporting store management.
The role will work under the direction of the Experiential Marketing Department and Flagship store manager and function as a supporting role for the department as well as managing small to medium scale programs independently. The programs will range from daily supervision of branding events executed at the flagship to stand alone events and other branding projects.
Major Responsibilities Include:
Function in the capacity of a retail key-holder, supporting the store management and acting as a lead on the sales flow
Assisting the store management with overall upkeep and maintenance of the store and stock, including acting as lead with the opening and closing of the store
Manage assigned event activations from inception to execution to closing.
Work with the rest of the team to manage the necessary admin that supports all projects
Aid in managing outside vendors and all communication pertinent to all in-store events
A significant amount of hands on work from setting up and breaking down events to hands on creative execution
Skills Summary :
- MUST BE AVAILABLE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS – no exceptions
- 2-4 years PR, Marketing/ Events/ Branding/ Event Management experience
- Retail experience
- Work calmly in a fast paced high stress environment
- Ability to remain flexible to changing business needs and react to those needs in a professional positive manner
- Ability to demonstrate a courteous and helpful attitude
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Proven communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and project management skills
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work weekends, key holidays and off hours as to meet business needs
TOMS Shoes - 10 months ago