Autodata Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Internet Brands, Inc., is one of North America’s leading automotive software and data providers and has focused on the automotive industry for over 20 years. Founded in 1990, Autodata provides automotive content, research, and technology implementation services to most of the auto manufacturers who distribute vehicles in North America, helping them develop, market and sell their products more effectively and profitably.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team and be a key player in our corporate development strategy. The position will report directly to the CEO of Autodata, and will divide time between Autodata’s London, Ontario headquarters and its Detroit area office. The position also works closely with the EVP-Corporate Development and General Counsel at Internet Brands.
Key elements of the position:
- Provide project leadership for corporate acquisitions and commercial partnerships, including evaluation stage discussions, negotiation of key business and legal terms, diligence, definitive agreements and closing.
- Provide practical advice and support to senior management on business and legal strategy, risk management and US employment law.
- Function as a full member of the senior management team, collaborating with business leaders to provide effective business and legal solutions.
- 7+ years of legal experience in a sophisticated transactional practice setting with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.
- Degree from accredited U.S. law school; MBA preferred
- Metropolitan Detroit resident; experience with automotive industry a plus.
- Strong subject matter expertise in multiple legal areas, including intellectual property, complex commercial agreements.
- Excellent business judgment, team management and communication and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently with executive management, a sophisticated customer base and business partners.
- Superior analytic and writing skills; familiarity with Excel.
- In-house experience is strongly preferred
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please submit resumes to
Check us out! www.autodata.net and www.internetbrands.com
About Internet Brands, Inc.:
Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 110 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.
Vice President, Legal Affairs, VP, Legal, Attorney, Senior Associate, Junior Partner, Counsel, Law, Law Firm, Licensing, Contract Drafting, Mergers, Acquisitions, Corporate, Detroit, Michigan
Internet Brands - 20 months ago
Looking for a car or a career change? Internet Brands can fill you in on all you need to know. The company owns and operates 100-plus...