TransCore, a leader in Intelligent Transportation Systems, one of the largest global manufacturers of transportation-based RFID technology, and subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Lane Equipment Technician to join our in-lane roadway equipment maintenance team in Somerset, PA.
As a member of the Roadway maintenance crew, the Lane Equipment Technician shall be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the scales in the service area as well as treadle replacement, overhead signs and lighting, and traffic attenuators. The Lane Equipment Technician will be specially trained in maintenance and assembly of the scale platform and the system requirements related to scales, treadles, overhead signs and lighting, and traffic attenuators.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Expected job start date in October 2013
- Work hours for the position are Monday – Friday daytime shifts; occasional overtime available for overnight and weekend emergency call-outs
- Frequent travel throughout the service area from Carlisle west to the Ohio state line is required
- Requires frequent work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Minimum high-school diploma required
- Demonstrated understanding of highway construction and safety procedures
- Expertise in general construction practices, equipment, and techniques desired
- Skilled in welding, burning and installation and checkout of in-lane equipment
- Some electronic and electrical experience is required along with the use of in-lane test equipment necessary to assist the technical force in the maintenance of equipment
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces at ground level and above ground via bucket truck
- Ability to lift/carry 50+ pounds regularly
- Must maintain PA drivers license in good standing as verified by TransCore
- Valid Class B CDL drivers license, or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire required
- Driving record must be free of DUI/DWI for three-year period prior to employment
TransCore - 19 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...