JOB SUMMARY: To provide support to the functional areas of Customer Service and the other departments of Univita in the administration of Long Term Care (LTC) insurance programs.
Title: Customer Service Representative I
1. Provide customer service in the administration of the LTC insurance programs to include telephone coverage of customer service lines and data entry and
2. Manage all calls and correspondence related to the LTC insurance system, document follow-up calls, voicemails and any other pending service requests
3. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required
Associate degree in Business Administration or BA/BS preferred
Minimum of one year customer service experience working in a fast paced, ever-changing call center environment
Previous experience working in an insurance environment is preferred but not required.
Excellent organization and detailed orientation skills with the ability to meet established deadlines.
Ability to analyze processes and implement innovative ideas to improve efficiencies.
Ability to work with and handle multiple product and services intermittently while meeting established service requirements and standards.
Proficient with Windows including Word. Database experience is preferred but not required
Certifications Required: None Certifications Required: None
1. Uses time effectively to achieve expected productivity and efficiency.
2. Demonstrates ability to prioritize work load
3. Uses supplies and other resources (i.e. equipment, computer systems, tools, energy, etc.) efficiently and effectively
1. Provides prompt, courteous and excellent service to internal and external customers at all times. This includes an obligation to actively cooperate and interact with other departments to advance the overall interest of Univita.
2. Promptly shares reliable and complete information to others who need it.
a. Demonstrates effective communication and attention skills and use of appropriate lines of authority
b. Provides input to improve operational efficiencies
3. Attends or is responsible for information given at meetings and through other organizational channels.
a. Keeps current by using staff communication system.
4. Maintains appropriate organizational confidentiality.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
a. Is consistently present and punctual, and meets company standards.
b. Provides proper advance notification for absence or tardiness.
2. Protocols and Policies
a. Demonstrates understanding of company-wide and department-specific policies and protocols.
b. Maintains the confidential and proprietary nature of company policies.
3. Needs to be able to perform work accurately and efficiently under deadline pressures
4. Responsible for day-to-day decisions and updating management on department activity status
ENVIRONMENT AND COGNITIVE/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully