Responsible for change and problem/incident management which includes the development, implementation, monitoring and administration of processes, procedures, issues and events using the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. Ensures change and problem/incident management processes are communicated and adhered to across the IT division and organization. Additionally, this position is responsible for IT Infrastructure Service Level Agreements (SLA) and metrics.
• Develops and/or monitors and enforces established problem management processes and integration points to other processes, such as incident, change, configuration, availability and event management.
• Develops and maintains incident and problem management and root cause analysis (RCA) processes and procedures and monitors effectiveness.
• Utilizes problem management metrics and critical success factors to drive continuous improvement in root cause analysis, downtime, required resources and issue avoidance.
• Provides and maintains standard IT processes across all of Lifetime Healthcare Companies
• Problem/Incident Management - reports, tracks, resolves and analyzes root causes. Ensures proper resources from across the IT organization are assigned for RCA and problem resolution
• Leverages relevant data from event correlation and analysis (ECA), performance monitoring data and availability management to proactively manage and ensure system availability
• Creates, distributes and maintains accurate outage report updates
• Assesses performance of delivered services against service levels to ensure effective control of expected deliverables to all business units both internal and external.
• Uses analytical skills and judgment to identify critical issues that may impact the business units as of result of an open incident or problem.
• Formulates plans and strategies based on input from subject matter experts to investigate and resolve priority level one incidents and problems to include chronic performance problems/impaired services.
• Ensures Enterprise Change Management process and procedures are maintained and further developed when necessary
• Chairs the daily Enterprise Change Management
• Facilitates the weekly Enterprise Change Management Board meeting
• Maintains all incident, problem and change databases
• Reviews, monitors, maintains and provide metrics for all service level agreements
• Compiles statistics and performs trend analysis on SLA performance
• Creates status, audit and metrics reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
• Provides on-call 24x7
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II - performs duties outlined above, additionally:
• Facilitates and leads problem management and RCA of complex critical issues
• Participates in vendor management activities, upgrade evaluation of new product lines
• Assists in mentoring and training Level I staff to gain experience and expand technical skill set
• Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or computer science with a minimum of five years of analytical IT experience working in an infrastructure environment required.
• Experience in working within the ITIL Framework for Incident and Problem Management including ITIL foundation level training.
• Experience in working with IT Service Level Agreements.
• Excellent proven presentation, written and verbal skills.
• Ability to foster and cultivate effective working relationships with employees throughout IT and various business areas.
• Excellent organizational skills are needed to ensure that all resources are allocated and distributed efficiently and that communications are delivered in a timely and concise manner to the appropriate areas.
Level II - requires same qualifications as level I, plus:
• Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or computer science with a minimum of eight years of analytical IT experience working in an infrastructure environment required.
• Certification in working within the ITIL Framework for Incident and Problem and Change Management including ITIL foundation level training.
• Increased knowledge and individual responsibilities are utilized in support of ITIL methodology and practical application
• Uses increased analytical skills for inter-department organization for critical problem determination/resolution and RCA
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer