Boulder County's Department of Housing & Human Services (DHHS), Business Operations and Systems Support Division, is accepting applications for the position of Income Maintenance Technician C - Lead. The Income Maintenance Technician C - Lead performs supervisory and highly complex technical duties alongside the manager with responsibility for training, planning, organizing and directing the work the Income Maintenance Technician phone team accomplishes.
This position will promote the best in public service by ensuring services integration, exceptional customer service and service coordination within the County and across agencies to improve client access to programs.
Examples of Duties:
1. Trains and oversees the work of, and may provide back-up supervision for, entry and journey level Income Maintenance Technicians.
2. Assembles, reviews, and verifies information supplied by applicants.
3. Approves new cases, and assists with determinations on difficult cases.
4. Interprets and maintains a thorough and updated knowledge of numerous applicable manuals, and their related service and resource information.
5. Interprets and explains rules, regulations, appeal rights, and appeal procedures to applicants and recipients.
6. Provides supportive counseling on employment, financial, medical, and other related issues.
7. Coordinates with other agencies and community organizations to assist the applicant/recipient.
8. Acts as arbitrator when problems occur between applicants and employees.
9. Participates in county dispute resolutions and state hearings.
10. Determines the need for recovery of funds or referral for fraud investigation and completes reports to the proper investigative personnel.
11. Performs related work as required.
Daily Specific Duties:
• Answers all case inquiries from the technicians on a daily basis and would serve as a phone support system to the technicians as they need someone on-hand at all times.
• Assists in management tasks as well as takes basic and escalated calls as needed.
• Completes tasks such as: Supervisor Authorization cases, assists with Case Review checks, and team training opportunities.
• Completes case reviews so the team will be able to further its collective knowledge and skillset.
• Observes, audits and guides the phone technicians along with the manager to provide the best in customer service.
• Provides structured and high quality training experience with one on one time with the phone technician.
• Answers telephone calls based on volume.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience working with the public and providing familiarity with public assistance programs including one (1) year as an Income Maintenance Technician.
Additional higher, related education may count towards required experience.
Job offer is contingent on passing a criminal background check.
Veterans are encouraged to apply for Boulder County jobs that match their education and/or experience.
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
From "Dictionary of Occupational Titles", U.S. Dept of Labor:
Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time.