Main Job Purpose:|
- Ensure availability and uninterrupted supply of Capex & MRO materials & services with effective procurement (total supply chain cost, quality and service level) and with compliance to the Unilever Code of Business Principles.
- To be responsible for sourcing and ordering of equipment, instruments, services, spare parts and operating supplies from both local and overseas suppliers for Unilever factories.
- Integrating global / regional sourcing strategies with business and category demands, ensuring timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional projects in the cluster.
- Act as first point of contact for the business for issues/questions relating to Capex & MRO goods or services, Ariba Buyer and the service from IP 3rd party service provider (IBM) for Sourcing Unit/business unit
- Work with users in the Country cluster to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs.
- Manage work and development of assigned team of Buyers.
- Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
- Work within defined Procurement procedures (Ways of Working) and adhere to the Code of Business Principles at all times
- Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Procurement)
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Flexibility to travel.
- Develop, implement and drive procurement strategies for tactical sourcing in the cluster
- Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Unilever strategy
- Engage with Procurement Managers (Strategic Sourcing team) to understand if a sourcing strategy and strategic contracts are in place for the portfolio.
- Implementation of Tactical and Strategic sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
- Support Procurement Managers and Cluster lead by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required
- Support Tactical and Strategic sourcing projects as required
- Co-ordinate procurement projects him/herself as needed
- Identification and initial assessments of suppliers for assigned portfolio and site clusters
- Prepare and manage supplier selection process for assigned spend and site clusters using available tools (BW) when applicable and standardised templates (RFI’s, RFQ’s)
- Work with the Legal Counsel and/or Patents to finalise commercial agreements using Unilever contractual operating framework of UPAs or MSAs. Manage and maintain contracts for the assigned spend and site clusters.
- Ensure ownership of intellectual property & provide clear requirements on confidentiality to suppliers.
- Lead negotiations on contract & operating issues with suppliers
- Prepares contracts for delegated suppliers (preferably using standard Unilever frame contracts approved by legal department, including payment terms). Execute contract approval process according to existing financial policy and Schedule of Authorities.
- Maintain frequent contact with suppliers, to review/resolve day-to-day issues and to develop current insights into suppliers’ business conditions.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Develop supplier service Levels, track and analyse supplier performance data, proposing priorities for performance improvement and follow up monitoring actions.
- Address / escalate supplier non-performance as appropriate.
- Represent Capex & MRO Procurement to key internal stakeholders.
- To be the trainer for the customers and suppliers to comply with the company policies and procurement procedures.
- Ensure the Business needs of Unilever's get met with the Capex & MRO goods or services provided by the suppliers.
- Measure compliancy by business users to Procurement policies and contracts and take corrective actions as appropriate
- Manage individual Ariba Buyer Purchase Requests from the business including escalation from IBM, expedition of emergency orders, facilitation of Goods Receipt processes
- Source and negotiate for assigned spend and site clusters goods or services above €10k, where no contract exists and that are not strategically sourced.
- Identify opportunities to standardise purchasing requirements, and enable this in the form of a catalogue that can be loaded into Ariba Buyer
Experience Required and Professional Skills:
- Proactively identify and deliver Savings and/or Cash (via payment term extension) and Ariba operations in line with set targets
- Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
- Identify, implement and record Value Improvement Programs (VIP) and/ or Action Driven Buying Results (ADBR) in Savings Tool (ISIS).
3-5 years procurement experience.
Preferably in FMCG sector
Preferably some prior experience in Capex & MRO Procurement
People management skills
- University degree (Technical, Business Administration or Finance)
- Advanced computer skills
- Good English skills
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever - 4 months ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora, Cal...