Role Overview: The objective of the position is to ensure timely and accurate reporting and responses consistent with corporate policy and regulatory requirements. Individual in this position will track and review matters including consumer complaints, civil litigations, arbitrations, judgments and liens, bankruptcies, criminal matters, regulatory actions, and terminations to determine whether a reporting obligation exists to any state or federal insurance or securities regulator such as Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), state insurance departments, and state securities departments. In addition, this individual will track, coordinate and respond to regulatory requests and examinations involving sales practice violations and other regulatory and compliance issues.
- Coordinate, prepare and ensure timely and accurate submission of regulatory filings including U4, U5, Rule 4530 disclosures and state insurance department disclosures.
- Track and conduct thorough investigations of all regulatory requests and follow-ups to ensure all responses are timely, complete and consistent.
- Coordinate with business units, operations, and Office of the General Counsel to ensure that all responsive documents and information are obtained timely.
- Provide guidance to business unit personnel, Agents and Field Managers regarding internal regulatory reporting procedures, FINRA Rules relating to Form U4, and regulatory inquiries.
- Prepare and review reconciliation, management status and control reports to determine that all matters are handled in a timely manner.
- Identify regulatory issues and late filings and communicate concerns and recommended solutions to supervisor.
- 4 year college degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work items in a fast paced environment with deadlines.
- Prior Broker Dealer experience, preferably in compliance or operations, or experience working in regulatory agency such as FINRA, state insurance department or state securities department;
- Series 6 or 7 or other insurance designation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as, within a team environment;
- Knowledge of Insurance and Securities Products including Mutual Funds, 529 Plans, Fixed and Variable Life and Annuity products.
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...