At Kroger Manufacturing we are passionate that you be you. We embrace your individuality, cultivate your passions and are inspired to deliver an exciting and diverse workplace. We support your quality of life, your well-being, your goals and your future. We understand that by enabling our associates to be the best they can be, our company succeeds in being the best it can be. It’s your future....
La Habra Bakery is looking for a maintenance mechanic whose primary role is to keep the plant equipment in working condition. Responsibility includes reducing downtime on operating lines by performing preventive maintenance duties and providing corrective technical support for equipment and facilities. The maintenance mechanic is actively in support of an involved in safety programs.
Maintain and repair production equipment
Perform work orders according to instruction contained therein
Maintain and repair plant support equipment, compressed air systems, and electrical/control/mechanical systems.
Perform housekeeping of maintenance and plant support areas
Provide accurate, thorough and complete information and feedback on required maintenance forms, documents and Computerized Maintenance Management System. This includes inventory control forms, purchases, requisitions and repair forms
Perform trouble shooting, repairs and PM’s on production equipment
Have a working understanding of the CMMS
Work in a safe and efficient manner according to the plant’s guidelines
Communicate equipment status between maintenance and production personnel as shift changes
Basic shop work to include: mills, lathes, grinders, presses, and welding
Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
1. Strong knowledge of the following:
a.) Electrical Safe Work Practices;
b.) AC and DC Electrical Theory;
c.) Reading/Creating Electrical Prints and Control Schematics;
d.) Motor Control;
e.) Mechanical systems;
f.) Production process;
g.) HMI screens
h.) Pneumatic and Hydraulic Valves;
i.) Photo Eyes;
j.) Proximity Sensors;
k.) Limit Switches
2. Knowledge and ability to be able to troubleshoot the following systems properly and safely:
a.) Control Panels Using Relay Logic;
b.) Cam Driven Switch Boxes;
c.) Heat and Humidity Control Systems;
d.) Process control valves;
e.) Pneumatic Control Systems;
f.) Hydraulic Control Systems;
g.) Metal Detection Systems;
h.) Ink Jet Coding Systems.
3. Knowledge of and ability to interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely. Such items include, but are not restricted to:
a.) Motor Starters;
b.) Run Relays;
c.) Variable Frequency Drives;
d.) Servo Motors and Controls;
4. Knowledge of and ability to interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC’s to include the following:
a.) Connecting to the PLC;
b.) Troubleshooting I/O;
c.) Reading Ladder Logic;
d.) Diagnosing Hardware Problems;
5. Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot complicated production machinery. Such items include, but are not restricted to:
6. Ability to deal professionally with people during times of equipment breakdown.
7. Individual production – efficiency of working habits.
8. Knowledge of equipment nomenclature, spare parts identification and the location of same.
9. Ability to understand and evaluate the operation of the equipment; detect or anticipate malfunctions.
10. Initiative – demonstrated pride of workmanship, neatness of work and in personal dress.
11. Responsibility – fulfilling obligations of job assignments and reporting to work in a dependable manner. Reporting in to the department when unable to come to work in sufficient time to cover his / her shift.
12. Desire and willingness to improve himself / herself in the skills and techniques of the profession and in personal areas.
13. Communication – ability to accurately relay information, request information or describe a problems.
14. Willingness to handle paperwork and data entry.
15. Able to read and write English.
Kroger - 2 years ago