Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States with over 130 locations in 27 states, under the brands of Crescent Electric Supply, Stoneway Electric Supply in the Pacific Northwest, and BA Electric Supply in Missouri. Crescent Electric supplies electrical and datacomm products from over 1000 manufactures to electrical contractors for construction, industrial MRO and OEM accounts, and commercial facilities. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value-added services.
Responsible for creating and maintaining solid, long-term business relationships with customers on behalf of Crescent Electric and reaching sales and gross margin goals. This includes prospecting and soliciting orders within the guidelines established by management, identifying customer needs, and proposing solutions and appropriate products and services to meet those needs.
- Complete Crescent Account Management Profile on a yearly basis. Use the profile over the course of the year to grow customer sales.
- Regularly make sales calls to prospective customers and current customer establishments.
- Utilize a conservative sales approach to sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Reach sales and gross margin goals.
- Introduce and demonstrate new products.
- Keep customers informed about all relevant company and vendor policies.
- Assist customers by pricing bills of material.
- Report competitive conditions, observed customer financial weakness and customer feedback to management.
- Cooperate with suppliers to secure mutual business through joint sales calls.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
- Develop a sustainable sales/profit volume in assigned territory.
Competitive Benefit Package:
- Individual must possess strong comprehensive PC skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, AS400, mainframe, Outlook products) and product knowledge. Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines. In addition, must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel often in the assigned territory and occasionally travel to attend company and vendor activities and events required.
- Must meet Crescent Electric Supply Company's requirements to drive company vehicles.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Previous sales experience, previous knowledge of wholesale electrical distribution industry, and previous experience providing superior customer service preferred.
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. Women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crescent Electric Supply Company - 18 months ago
Crescent Electric Supply Company (CESCO) was founded in 1919. Today, it is one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States...