Provide all electrical/electronic maintenance support, and mechanical maintenance support as able, to production operations to ensure maximum equipment up-time, on-time delivery, maximum equipment life, safe operation, a safe environment and high quality end-products. Typical shift for this position is Wednesday through Saturday 6:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.
Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on complex electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of all production and building equipment. Production equipment includes newspaper printing presses and folders, press support equipment pertaining to the Pressroom; Imaging; newsprint roll supply system and equipment; packaging inserters and distribution equipment. Building equipment may include HVAC, power distribution & lighting, communication wiring, interior & exterior equipment, dock doors.
- New equipment installations.
- Existing equipment modifications.
- Computer based requirements include shift information for following shifts, parts ordering and maintenance work orders processing.
- Candidate must possess a high degree self-motivation and ability to work unsupervised.
- Willingness to travel, infrequently, for equipment or technical training.
Pilot Media Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and support a drug free workplace.
- A strong electrical (to 480VAC) background with detailed understanding of industrial electrical circuitry (ladder logic), relay controls, motors, motor controllers, variable frequency AC & DC drives, PLC’s, Siemen's servomotor controllers, switches of all types, photoelectric & proximity sensors of all types, pressure switches & transducers.
- Must have a good working knowledge of and demonstrate effective electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting techniques and be proficient in the use of hand and portable power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret complex electrical and mechanical blueprints.
- Ability to operate shop equipment such as drill presses, grinders & band saws.
- Ability to manufacture construction and repair parts.
- Basic computer skills with Windows OS and Microsoft based applications.
- Ability to operate shop equipment such as lathes & Bridgeports.
- Welding experience. Stick, brazing, Mig, Tig.
- Familiar with the NEC.
- Must have a current State-issued Journeyman Electrician's license .
- 5 years minimum industrial experience preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of newspaper production equipment. 5 or more years experience in maintaining large newspaper presses and support equipment.
- Trade school or equivalent experience/training.
- State-issued Master Electrician's license.
- Experience with computer networking equipment and systems.
The Virginian-Pilot Media Companies - 16 months ago