Provides technical expertise in areas of manufacturing processes, tooling, methods and standards for manufacturing engineering functions. Participates in the development of generative process planning, engineered standards, NC programming and tool design.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in an engineering or other related technical discipline
- 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes for economical, quality production of components and assemblies.
- Organizes and implements projects involving facility rearrangement and consolidation, capital equipment justification and procurement, computer integrated manufacturing and cellular manufacturing to meet facility goals.
- Collects, categorizes and utilizes data from product specifications and engineered drawings and machine tool and tooling parameters to develop generative decision trees.
- Reviews off-standard conditions and in-process production problems and recommends improvements to process and methods to improve quality, reduce material handling and setup costs, and reduce product cost.
- Participates in cost reduction programs.
- Initiates and implements improvements to process, systems and controls to reduce costs and improve competitive position. Verifies parts/assemblies and services are in accordance to required drawings, specifications and quality system.
- Develops corrective action plans for eliminating defective work.
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser Rand and no search fees will be paid
Dresser-Rand - 8 months ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...