Reports to: Operations Efficiency Manager
- This position's purpose is to drive operations efficiency and cost reduction by developing methods to improve overall equipment effectiveness, safety and quality.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity for a self-directed individual to work with Site Management team for leading improvements while networking at a division level for best practice sharing.
1. Increase site productivity, partnering with site management team, by implementing standard work, line balancing, and removing bottlenecks.
2. Establish baseline, develop measures/targets, and improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
3. Align with the Operational Excellence, identify and implement framework and strategy to reduce waste and improve quality, directly impacting the site costs.
4. Use technical know-how for making time studies, material/man/information flows, layouts, etc. for identifying improvements. Lead and/or implement these improvements ensuring controls in place for sustaining results.
5. Employ hands-on approach to daily operational troubleshooting, data collection, recommendations of opportunities, and implementation.
6. Apply Lean and statistical tools for analysis and making data-driven decisions (e.g., VSM, Standardized Work, SMED, DMAIC, FMEA, Fishbone Diagrams).
7. Introduce innovative ideas and technologies and be a change agent to effectively implement and sustain. Site Leader for initiative within a network of MQE's at a division level.
8. Ensure and/or support compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations; Support compliance with ISO 9001-2008.
9. Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to inspire and engage employees with respect to continuous improvement and process changes.
Akken - 13 months ago