The primary responsibilties for this position include:
• process improvement and standardization projects
• activity based costing (estimate raw materials, labor budgets, etc.)
• data collection and analysis for decision support
• supply chain and production capacity modeling and optimization
• production line design team member
• project management
• time and motion studies
• extensive MS Access database development to support financial and supply chain analysis
• involvement with Plant Maintenance, Project Engineering, Production, Manufacturing Supply Purchasing, Manufacturing Production Planning, Manufacturing Systems/SAP Support, Manufacturing Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Accounting, and Corporate Manufacturing Leadership associates to ensure thorough project scopes are completed
• SAP production routings and resources maintenance and analysis, as well as analysis of SAP production history, and
• forecasting and production planning ad hoc support.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering or in a related field or equivalent experience
• education in supply chain analysis and production capacity modeling
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• working knowledge of Word and Power Point
• proficient in Access and Excel
• demonstrated ability to analyze information and be detail-oriented
• demonstrated ability to work independently and productively
• good understanding of QIP or other structured improvement methodologies
• demonstrated ability to "think outside the box" with regards to problem-solving
• demonstrated ability to present work/findings in a concise, high level manner
• demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• excellent planning and organizational skills
• demonstrated ability and willingness to work variable and often long hours
• ability and willingness to travel, including by air, overnight and sometimes extended periods of time
• excellent human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and to be a team member)
• show enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work, and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
• one year experience in Manufacturing Industrial Engineering and Project Management
• experience with SAP Plant Maintenance or other CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) software
• experience with forecasting product demand and materials consumption
• experience with manufacturing and supply chain capacity modeling and optimization
• experience with analysis of SAP production module data and maintenance of SAP routings and resources
• knowledge of advanced VBA and SQL for developing efficient reporting and database tools, as well as for performing analyses, and
• experience with SAP Material Planning & Production Scheduling.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
· Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to you
· An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
· 401(k) retirement savings plan
· Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
· Group dental plan
· Group vision plan
· Sick pay
· Long-term disability insurance
· Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vacation pay
· Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
· Paycheck direct deposit
· Credit union
· Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Year End Bonus
One month’s pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
Publix - 19 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...