GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated industrial engineer for a CoOp program in our state of the art 300mm factory. The job entails factory capacity planning, ramp management and productivity improvement to meet production demand and capital cost targets. This position requires an individual with strong leadership and analytical skill. This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, NY, and spans March - August, 2013.
- Work closely to engineering and operations for a specific set of tools & processes to calculate capacity, ensure capacity and drive improvements to capacity
- Support Site Capacity Planning
- Understand and initiate work process improvements across the Industrial Engineering organization.
- Align objectives with other fabs and seek best practices for execution.
- Insure the overall Industrial Engineering focus is aligned with Operations requirements and delivering value to the organization.
- Minimum of 2nd year undergraduate program in an accredited engineering discipline working toward a BS or MS degree
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Excellent academic standing, strong attendance record and interest in pursuing a career in semiconductors
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 7 months ago