Division & Unit Overview
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding Equipment and Safety Supplies.
CDL “A” truck driver with tanker and HazMat endorsements, who will deliver compressed industrial, medical gases, and welding supplies Will be the “face” of the company to the customer, and will convey product, pricing and other related information to the customer.
Reports to Site or Operations Manager/Supervisor. Interacts with customers, sales, management and other operations personnel
- Drives a variety of straight trucks and other delivery vehicles
- Completes a daily pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle and related equipment
- Complete the safe and orderly loading and unloading of vehicles and insures proper labeling, and placarding of the vehicles
- Transfers and distributes welding supplies, industrial and medical compressed gases safely and in accordance to local, state, federal regulations along with Matheson procedures.
- Delivers products to customers and picks up empty cylinders in accordance with Valley safe work practices, regulatory compliance as is defined by the Safety Manual and Operations Policy manual.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations to insure proper account management. This includes feedback from the customer to management and sales representatives, offers suggestions to customers and keeps customers aware of any special promotions.
- Passes on sales leads to sales representatives.
- Completes and maintains daily paperwork and records such as drivers logs manifests and records of deliveries for invoicing
- Inspection of equipment to insure proper working order, and that all equipment and materials are properly labeled.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to learn and comply with Valley standards and DOT, OSHA, FDA, NFPA and other government regulations dealing with, handling and delivery of compressed industrial and medical gases.
- Member/customer Dedication
- Market and Product knowledge
- Interpersonal and written communication skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent or commensurate experience
- 2 years experience as a delivery driver, gas industry experience a plus
- CDL Class A license with HazMat Endorsement
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 11 months ago