This individual is responsible for leading the efforts in new and innovative customer-facing marketing to further enhance the customer experience across North America. The Manager, reporting into the Director, Marketing North America, will ensure tools are in place to clearly articulate the Fisher Scientific value proposition for the Industrial market segments, drive the regional implementation of global marketing strategies for the Industrial market segments and, through a strong interface with the Industry Vice President, Industry Directors and customers, further develop regional segment initiatives to ensure RMD is positioned to meet customer needs.
- Lead for developing North American campaigns to drive market expansion and programs as needed to respond to North American market dynamics & customer needs/expectations, engaging other segments, departments, and divisions as best fit.
- North American lead contributor for the global segment marketing plan with responsibility to develop and execute tactical plans for North America in alignment with the RMD Strategic Plan.
- Drive the creation, implementation, refresh and use of customer-facing marketing programs and initiatives, to include concepts, tool kits, collateral, communication plans and measurement of results to drive growth and productivity.
- Represents the North American voice of the customer in global program development and will work with global marketing and product management to identify necessary portfolio development according to strategic need.
- Gather and report on segment market trends & dynamics. By means of key customer engagement, sales discussions and other internal or external sources amass new segment trends, demands, needs and perceived/expected value of RMD to yield identification of potential strategic growth initiatives and create a platform to monitor and act upon competitive tactics.
- Establish relationships with customers in North America to ensure RMD is positioned to meet the existing and emerging needs of our valued customers and suppliers. This is to be done in conjunction with the appropriate regional, commercial or portfolio management leaders.
- Responsible for establishing industry growth forecast for RSD Annual Operating and Strategic Plans and quarterly updates that synthesize sources of funding, economic data, competitive analysis and other primary/secondary information sources.
- BS in science (PhD preferred) or finance; Business background (MBA) highly desired
- 5+ years marketing and/or selling experience within Biotech/Pharmaceutical or related markets
- Solid understanding of market segments and channel relationships
- Demonstrated track record of success in the development and end-to-end of execution marketing strategies
- Be a self-starter and be able to take projects from strategy through to execution with a high attention for detail coupled with innovative thinking
- Ability to function in a complex, matrix business environment is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Travel required. Expected travel typically 25% but may be higher at times, and may include short-notice, some weekends and holidays.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 2 years ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...